Hello friends!

Cobramedic

Hello friends! I have done alot of lurking on this site and have found alot of good info so I wanted to join to continue my learning experience.

A little bit about myself:

I am a boiler designer by trade but I cannot stand sitting at a desk all day without having contact with people. I decided that career wasn't for me and I went back to school to be a paramedic. I am currently in my last classroom quarter of a paramedic program. I have an internship coming up in 2 months which I am very excited, yet very nervous for. I don't have any field experience besides what I have got through clinical hours and I am learning how hard it is to get accepted to a department for employment. I have tons and tons of learning to do and I appreciate everyones time and effort that they put into this site.

Thank you for everything!

Good to have you man....

I'm hoping that when you say the last class, that you mean college class? And when you say 'department' you don't mean fire dept?

Just jerking your chain a bit...welcome, regardless of the answers above, and participating is truly where you'll start to learn entire concepts....

Dwayne

Welcome to the city. I find it fascinating all the different paths that folks take to end up in our business. Yes, some people seem destined to be in EMS since they were a fetus, but others take a more circuitous route, such as you.

Good luck in your studies and don't be afraid to jump right in. We don't bite- much.

Welcome! just a thought. it's possible to become a medic before even being an EMT-B? I thought you first had to have your basic certificate first. I could be wrong. Just wondering. Welcome again and enjoy.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.