The future of medicine in Washington State

ERDoc

LOL. I think I just pissed myself. Stat Kiwiologist consult.

Yes hello my name is Kiwi I am one of the Consultants ... whats that? No I am not interested in paying any attention to the fact you are covered in faeces or that your sheet has fallen down or that your blanket is not working I'm here because that educated nurse gave me hard words about doing something to fix you up because the one kind of medicine I wrote for you hasn't worked even tho this is not an emergency and medicare won't be paying for it so we'll have to use generic substitutes, now let me write this prescription that you can't even read so God knows how the pharmacist will they'll probably get pronanalol and propofol mixed up and I'll end up being black doctor's cellmate

Now while we are on the subject of all of this let me have a good firm palpate of your gizzard then it's off to radiology for lots of expensive tests and suchlike hang on, yes hello emergency department? i see, is it a shooting or a stabbing? well was he shot or stabbed? there is a difference, I see no no they didn't tell me that they made differential diagnosis a post-radio thing here in the great Mitten because if you spend too long on scene you might get shot or stabbed by gangbangers so its best to transport then ring us up ... well in that case hang on, what in the bloody hell do you want go away you underfed, dangerously fatigued House Surgeon no I can't tell you which side of the tummy the spleen is on what do I look like a doctor to you? ... righto, give him two amps of bicarb and transport!

You don't need me here, lets see ... I need some house remodelling and shit done so that's five grand for the consult thanks.

You will make a great trauma surgeon here in the states. Come on over.

EDIT: I'm surprised Washington didn't make superficial GSWs and stab wounds non-payable. Maybe I shouldn't give them any ideas.

Edited by ERDoc

EDIT: I'm surprised Washington didn't make superficial GSWs and stab wounds non-payable. Maybe I shouldn't give them any ideas.

True.

You will make a great trauma surgeon here in the states. Come on over.

Why because on the surface I appear unwieldy arrogant, impersonal, detached and cold? And that I cost five grand a consult? :D

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.