What got you into EMS?

I started working in EMS to help the people in need and ever since I started it's been great. Even thought, it's been only about 5 months since I receive my card. Next step is to become a paramedic and hopefually getting a phone call from FDNY EMS for a EMT position. I been working as a pharmacy tech for about 7 years and I just belive it's time for a career change.

The first time around i was in the Marine Corps and wanted to learn more so i could help when my buddies where under the weather. This time I watched the lack luster efforts of a EMS crew trying to get my mother-in-law to the hospital. I do believe having her walk to the gurney is what ruptured her colon! I know I could provide better care! So here i am, 2ndChanceEMS!

The first time around i was in the Marine Corps and wanted to learn more so i could help when my buddies where under the weather. This time I watched the lack luster efforts of a EMS crew trying to get my mother-in-law to the hospital. I do believe having her walk to the gurney is what ruptured her colon! I know I could provide better care! So here i am, 2ndChanceEMS!

This thread might interest you and benefit from your experience.

...it's been only about 5 months since I receive my card...

And about 4 1/2 months since you stopped posting! What the hell Denny....??

Didn't think anyone would notice, did you? Neener neener.

Get back and get busy Brother. You were off to a really good start. You need to keep your head in the game if you're going to keep all of the things that you learned available. Don't slack off now...

Friggin' pharmacy techs...don't we have a couple here that some times give us some trouble?  :-)

Good to see you back man...

Dwayne

And about 4 1/2 months since you stopped posting! What the hell Denny....??

Didn't think anyone would notice, did you? Neener neener.

Get back and get busy Brother. You were off to a really good start. You need to keep your head in the game if you're going to keep all of the things that you learned available. Don't slack off now...

Friggin' pharmacy techs...don't we have a couple here that some times give us some trouble? :-)

Good to see you back man...

Dwayne

Hahahahaaha This made me laugh so hard and it's almost 3 in the morning! I've been lurking around the forums but not really replying to topics and such. Been trying hard to look for a gig. I think i finally landed a part time EMT job!! Im super excited. And it's true I did not think no one would notice which is why I am laughing so hard LOL. Thanks for the shout out Dwayne! Made my night!

• Like 1

I got hooked in 1992 when I was molested by a nymphomaniac, prostitute loving, alcoholic space ship driving lawyer sporting a Lifepak 10

The Ambulance Service has given me far more than I ever expected and I'm very thankful for it

The Ambulance Service has cost me far more than I would ever expect and it's nearly destroyed me

• Like 1

The Ambulance Service has given me far more than I ever expected and I'm very thankful for it

The Ambulance Service has cost me far more than I would ever expect and it's nearly destroyed me

Interesting thoughts, Kiwi. I'm not very philosophical by nature. However, these two comments have struck me pretty hard and given me a lot to think about.

I'm not sure if that's worth a "thanks" or something less pleasant. I'll let you know.

• Like 1

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.