Tactical EMS? Nope... another day in the "D"

CPhT

http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/dpp/news/local/detroit-ems-rig-stranded-as-gunfire-rings-in-the-new-year-20120103-ms

As gunfire erupts all around, Detroit EMS workers are stuck on the road with a broken down rig.

The state of the Fire and EMS departments of Detroit, one big joke. It seems like every other day, the city is feeding it's citizens some new lie about how they've ordered replacement rigs, or how they're refitting old rigs, or that we don't have enough medics to run calls. The EMTs and medics speak out, trying to use the media to garner some needed attention, but the city isn't listening. The citizens blame the EMTs and medics when their loved one dies, saying that they aren't working hard enough, or that they should have been there sooner.

Sorry for venting, it's just so frustrating to see the state of things in my hometown, and knowing there's nothing I can do about it.

Wow. That's some crap right there. We used to have similar nights but we always had units to back each other up. Best of luck to you.

Oh, I love that reporter Charlie. He's awesome.

Goodness, I am appalled that this would happen in an American city. The video sounds like Mexico.

Edited by DFIB

He's done a few other pieces before, specifically about Detroit EMS. The first, called "No Unit Available... PERIOD" is about the lack of EMS coverage in Detroit.

The followup video to that one, approx. one year later.

Oh, and just to show you how messed up the system is, it's mentioned in one of those videos that Wisam Zeineh and his partner were suspended without pay after commenting to the media the first time. He was such a whistle-blower and such a stink was raised that he was eventually reinstated with back pay.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.