Howdy

DirteMedic

Hello all...

I'm DirteMedic. I've been a medic for Louisville Metro EMS for 6 years. We're a very busy urban/suburban service. I will be having an above knee amputation in the next month or so and hope to be Louisville's only active duty "Prosthetic Medic." Hope to see you guys and gals around. I'll be on here a little more than the past since I've got some time off in my future.

See ya on the bus!!!

Dirte Medic

• Like 1

Hey Dirte Medic,

I hate to hear about your leg but am impressed by your attitude and determination to stay in the profession.

Best of wishes to you and a speedy recovery.

Go get 'em, tiger. I have a gal pal who just got an aquatic adapter for her AKA... hers was sequelae from aortic rupture repair after a car accident, lost perfusion in her leg. She kicks butt better than most people I know!

I bet you can do it! Speedy recovery to you, and good rehab! And welcome to the City!

Wendy

CO EMT-B

• 2 weeks later...

If you guys are interested in the whole story and follow me along the way I have a blog going to document the process. Ups and downs and all. If the admin don't mind me putting my website on here, I'll put it up and if they take it down then PM me and I'll give you the address. It's http://ProstheticMedic.Blogspot.com

The readers digest version is that I fell 110ft off of a waterfall, nearly died, severed my popliteal artery and dislocated my knee and ankle, the docs tried to save the leg, I have been stumbling around on this dead leg for 8 months. Now I have the amputation on January 26th @ 0600. I'll be updating the blog as I go through. I'm on twitter @DirteMedic as well. I'll give you my facebook too, just PM for that. It's going to be a long hard battle, but my fiance was a combat medic and saw grunts back on the front line with prosthetics so why not a paramedic. If I can do it I'll be 54th AKA medic in the US.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.