We have left Iraq

nypamedic43

It's nice to have the bigger part of the troops out of there, but as has been said we are a LONG ways from truly "out of Iraq".

And somehow I'm sure we will find somewhere else to put those troops. Anyone want to take a guess on where we are going to go next?

A favorite quote "Contractors - if you aren't part of the solution, there's plenty of money to be made prolonging the problem"

I have to say that whoever made that statement is pretty ignorant about the role of contractors in recent wars. The way the military has been spread out and the length of the conflicts has made contractors vital to any war efforts. Who do people think run the DFAC's for the troops, interpret for the military, truck supplies in, lay the communications cables, builds a lot of the infrastructure, run a lot of things on bases including the ATC towers and the base EMS just to name a few of the things they do besides private security.

I have to say that whoever made that statement is pretty ignorant about the role of contractors in recent wars. The way the military has been spread out and the length of the conflicts has made contractors vital to any war efforts. Who do people think run the DFAC's for the troops, interpret for the military, truck supplies in, lay the communications cables, builds a lot of the infrastructure, run a lot of things on bases including the ATC towers and the base EMS just to name a few of the things they do besides private security.

Actually Aussieaid, that quote was not directed at military contractors at all but I can see where you could have gotten that impression.

The original quote was based on consultants in any industry where if they don't have the solution they just keep on billing and billing until the project runs out of money or what not.

So the original quote was "Consulting - if you aren't part of the solution there's plenty of money to be made prolonging the problem"

So I apologize about inferring it was for military contractors because it wasn't meant that way.

But on the flip side, I'm sure that it does indeed apply to at least a few contracting groups who are only in the business to make money and not to really be part of the solution. I'm sure that's a low number but you can't deny the portion of truth to that though.