New (again) to the forums

mo_medic

I've been a medic for 4+ years. Frequented ems forums (this site and others) when I was a new medic but haven't been online for quite some time. I worked 3 1/2 years at a busy and troubled inner city FD as a single role paramedic (no fire suppression) and now i work at a rural hospital based ambulance district. Our closest level 1 is over an hour away by ground with good road conditions, no traffic, and the EMT driving the rig hard. I consider myself an experienced and knowledgeable paramedic but also am grounded an know the limitations of our profession and the training we receive. I am confident in my abilities, but because of my experiences I stay humble in knowing that I don't know it all. Between long distance transfers of critical patients (when flying is not an option) and working in the ED around the nurses, I have come to realized just how little medical knowledge paramedics have. I like being "in the know" so i've enrolled in a semester long critical care program that starts in January. I'm sure i'll have questions that come up (and yes of course i'll ask the instructors my questions but I like to hear from multiple sources too) so i'd love to hear from any critical care guys/gals or flight medics out there that might have any suggestions for me. Also, i'm pretty sure I want to start focusing on becoming a flight medic. We have 3 air ems services in the area and i've started applying with them.

• Like 1

Welcome back MM...good to have you and your experience here.

There are many here with the experience that you're looking for, myself not amongst them.

Don't read anything into not getting many responses to your post..it's Christmas, so folks are busy.

I look forward to your thoughts!

Dwayne

We are across the state from one another then. Hit me up the next time you head the KC MO area. I'll treat you to some real KC barbeque rather than the stuff you call St. Louis style ribs.

Edited by Ruffems

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.