Grand Jury Report on Sandusky -Penn State Read w/ Caution

flamingemt2011

This will make you cry, so don't read it if this is an emotional day for you

http://cbschicago.files.wordpress.com/2011/11/sandusky-grand-jury-presentment.pdf

Seems like Penn State went to great lengths to cover this up so they would not be sued, embarassed, or lose their standing.

UUUUUUMMMMMMMMMMMMMHHHHHHHHHHH, wonder what other industry does this on a regular basis ?

that could be any industry Flaming. I hope you aren't just saying that it's EMS or Fire that does this only.

I have worked in numerous industries and find that almost all administrators or those in high places cover their asses. that's why the lawyer industry is the 2nd thickest part of the phone book. I wonder what the most pages in a phone book consist of?

Everyone involved in Penn states controversy need to face the music. Paterno and one other guy got the axe yesterday. Paterno got it for not speaking up more and knowing that it went on for many years and saying that he did his responsibliity by reporting it but when told that there was a "rape" in the showers he didn't report that because he said he already did his duty. To keep silent for so long without following up is a travesty and makes you as guilty as those doing the crime.

I have no sympathy for this type of behaviour and hope that the victims get some peace out of the actions of the board. The silence has to stop, we have to put it out in the light of day.

A cover up is NEVER NEVER NEVER Right. Simple as that.

Unless it has to do with National security or something like that. (that was sarcasm if you didn't catch that)

What the vatican and the catholic church has done is completely disgusting and so out of the realm of decency that I can't express it in mere words. And we in the US only hear about what happens in the US not other countries with much less stringent reporting systems in place.

Nuff said on that. We could put together a tremendous response thread regarding the catholic church and it's behaviour but I hope we do not.

Edited by Ruffems

UUUUUUMMMMMMMMMMMMMHHHHHHHHHHH, wonder what other industry does this on a regular basis ?

Comment removed due to redundancy

I agree with you flaming, does not seem so "right" to cover things up when you look at it in another industry.

It isn't a matter of perception. Covering up a sex crime is never right!

The idea of the leadership of a higher education institution failing to defend young boys after awareness of abuse was evident is appalling. What I find more disturbing is student reaction to the recent firings related to the incident.

What does it say about us as a society, that educated, university students would demonstrate and riot to support pedophilia and it’s promotion. I say promotion because, the only thing good men have to do for evil to prevail is nothing. Could we argue that by not taking measures to stop this illegal and immoral behavior those privy to the information were in fact conspirators and promoters of said behavior? That the crimes were overlooked for economic gain in the sports arena?

I am sad for the students of Penn State. I am sad for the parents of the demonstrating students. Surely they have now realized that they morally failed in raising their children. What a shock to realize that your pride and joy. that was doing so well in college, demonstrated to support such an despicable situation.

After last night they will forever be remembered as the students that rioted to support sex criminals. It just proves that education does not make humans moral or better. At least it did not help at Penn State.

Comment removed to avoid thread derailment

Edited by DFIB

So you are outraged when a church or college covers up rape but it is ok for medics to cover up involuntary manslaughter?

there you go again. It's never never never never ok to cover up anything in my opinion. Are you still on that issue with your relative? I'm not asking you to let that go but seriously Flaming, aren't you tired of fighting the establishment. So what involuntary manslaughter issue are you talking about?

I'm outraged whenever a cover up is done no matter who it's done by, by the church, those terrible medics, those terrible doctors.

it seems like you are the resident angry young man in the EMTCity community. I have yet to see you post anything that is uplifting or positive, it's always how bad people are.

Don't you get exhausted trying to find the ill in this world and exposing it or are you doing this just to prove how compassionate you are and how you are going to go out there and expose everyone int he worlds sins and bad decisions.

I for one know that I would get tired after scouring the internet for the bad things that happen.

• Like 1

So you are outraged when a church or college covers up rape but it is ok for medics to cover up involuntary manslaughter?

I have no knowledge of involuntary manslaughter or such a cover up. Why do you make such an assumption?

May I suggest you post this comment in the appropriate thread instead of trying to derail this thread.

Edited by DFIB

This will make you cry, so don't read it if this is an emotional day for you

http://cbschicago.fi...presentment.pdf

Seems like Penn State went to great lengths to cover this up so they would not be sued, embarassed, or lose their standing.

Have you considered thinking?

The spectacular and utterly disheartening series of failures of adults to protect young children that's described in that document is sickening. To compare a situation of that severity and magnitude to the episodic instances of concealment in EMS redefines the word asinine.

Edited by systemet
  • Like 2

Have you considered thinking?

The spectacular and utterly disheartening series of failures of adults to protect young children that's described in that document is sickening. To compare a situation of that severity and magnitude to the episodic instances of concealment in EMS redefines the word asinine.

I will not be surprised if Sandeski is only the tip of the indictment iceberg. People are responsible for what they knew and when they knew it. They are responsible for financial and hierarchical gain that may or may not have been affected by their silence. This is going to get a lot worse before it gets better.