Any NY EMT's?

emtwannabe

Is anyone here a NY EMT or have any info on becoming one on Long Island? (paid, not volunteer)

I wish i could help you out but i myself was looking for the same info..I would like to work for Nassau County Ambulance but dont know how to go about it...I do know they only hire Emt CC and Medics...

really?? i know nothing of the salary here...id love to know what you do lol...im nothing as of now. i want to become an emt-b but before i take the course i want to research where i could work in nassau county. i dont want to go through the whole course and find out i have nowhere to go. what is an emtcc?

Is anyone here a NY EMT or have any info on becoming one on Long Island? (paid, not volunteer)

I'm a paid EMT with AMR ambulance company. There are a variety of paid EMS workers on the Island.

Highest paying is North Shore EMS. They are stationed out of NSUH @ Manhasset I believe.

AMR does Nassau County as well as the towns of Huntington and Glen Cove. AMR has a Long Island base in Holbrook NY (mostly transports with a dab or 911 from nursing homes) and a Brooklyn base as well (a lot of 911 calls)

There's also the following but I am not sure where they are based, most likely out of Suffolk.

Hunter EMS,

EAS (Emergency Ambulance Services),

Medex (Medical Express),

Lifestar

If you are strictly looking for 911 calls, your best bet would be to apply for the Placement within Nassau.

If you want some more information on anything I discussed in this post, or for contact information for any or all of the companies I mentioned, feel free to e-mail me.

Shortnsmall35@aol.com

-Stephanie

Check with you local fire department or volly ambulance corps. They can always use the help and will get your training for free as far as paid ems jobs , it is mostly ALS first responders and House men in the 9-1-1 sector , scattered through out both counties.

Private Ambulance companies as mentioned before, not a bad place to get paid while your new and learn from some of the senior staff, but if you want experiance , then NYC is the place to work, either for FDNY or one of the Private hospitals or providors in the 911 system .

Also find out from you county suffolk is www.suffolkremsco.com or http://www.co.suffolk.ny.us/webtemp1.cfm?dept=5&id=147,

Hunter Ambulance and Ambulette Company, located on the New York City (Far Rockaway) and Nassau County (Inwood, Long Island) border. I have a couple of friends there. They've been in existence from about 1982 or so.

I never worked for them, by the way. Their employment link is http://www.hunterambulance.com/employment.html. Hope the information is helpful, and if you go there, good luck.

Good luck, anyway, wherever you get the paid employment.

Oh, nearly forgot. There is a "Hunter EMS" that is possibly owned by the same group, somewhere in Suffolk County (Long Island), New York, but other than a name, I have no information on them.

• 5 months later...

I was just in Manhattan and spoke to some people from AMR, Lenox Hospital and Hunter EMS this past weekend. I grew up in West Islip and now live in Chicago and work in EMS out here. I want to relocate back to NY so I got reciprocity, called Hunter and they told me I'm good to go. They are located on Smith street in Farmingdale (just east of New Highway). It's a small building on the west side of the street. I asked if they run 911 and they told me yes. I was in Manhattan and spoke to AMR and they say that they also run 911 and that the city runs one-on-one (one EMT-B and one EMT-P). I have been told that Lenox pays well (B's start at about 12-13) and they of course run 911. I am very involved in EMS in Chicago and will be sad to leave but I miss NY. I have been debating doing my medic out here and transferring it to NY or moving first and doing it there. That's all up in the air right now. I should be back in April or soon after so I'll be digging around for more info. when I get out there. Feel free to check out the pics I have on aol (same user name). I try to get out to NY often so I should have more information in the next few months. I stay in Huntington Station when out there and I drive all over checking this stuff out.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.