HELLOOOOOOOO from CA Bay Area! :D

DeyKnight

Hello!

My name is Stephanie, and I just joined at the suggestion of one of my fellow EMT friends. Just started my account today, so I'm still getting things set up, but I have no friends on here as of yet, so please feel free to say hello!

I'm looking for a job as an EMT as well as trying to find a Paramedic Internship, so life is a LITTLE stressful at the moment, but hell, could be worse, right?

I've been in the Bay Area for 2 years now, and I love it here! If there's anyone in south bay/San Jose area who wants to meet up and hang out, or even just wants to chat on here about what's going on with the EMS in the area... I'm your gal!

Warning about me: I am quirky, but what EMT/Medic isn't? I'm very much new to the field, and so while I know more than most of my friends about the field, I by no means think I know it all compared to the majority of EMS workers out there! Heeeeelll no. I'm green! And I admit it!

So come on! Say hi! Tease me when I do something that proves how green I am! Teach me something new! Make suggestions for what topics/forums/blogs to look into! Share your shenanigans! Anything!

Can't wait to get to know y'all! :D

Cheers!

-Stephanie

Welcome to the City Stephanie. You have joined the right forum if you are looking to make some friends. I am still working on making friends but hell I have been working on that now for 35 years!

All the forums on this site are good to post in it just depends on what question you have or what discussion you want to join. Browse the forum read the posts and Jump in to any discussion that you find interesting. Post a question and you will get an answer might not the answer you are looking for but you will get an answer from somebody!

Welcome!!

Brian :wave:

• Like 1

Stephanie,

You have come to the right place for quirky. There are a lot of really smart folks here that don't mind sharing their knowledge, so jump in and enjoy!

• Like 1

Hey Steph, Welcome.

What is a paramedic intern? Are you in medic school now? If so, what kind of a program?

And please don't break my heart already and tell me you just want to be a fireperson...

My best advice here? Participate. Everyone here has something to learn, and we all have something to teach. Sometimes the most valuable thing to come out of a thread is additional practice in debate. But that's a good thing too in my opinion.

Spend time in the scenario forums. Take your best shot trying to answer questions or asking for assessment information, but never google your questions/answers first. This is about developing your brain and you confidence, and both can be practiced well here.

We've got about the average number of perv's here I'm guessing that will have more interest in flirting than learning, but I have a feeling that you can handle them fine.

It's good to have you here. Often folks feel intimidated for not being as advanced as some, but I'll tell you what. Brave new folks are my favorite as they ask the questions, and have ideas that many haven't even considered for a really long time. Many are fresh out of college level A&P and man, my brain leaks that like Harley leaks oil..I always love a review.

With a very few exceptions I've come here nearly every day for..hell, I can't see my joined date thingy..but a few days now, and it's truly the best resource ever. Some times it's complete and utter bullshit, but just consider those times the dues you pay for the times when it is absolutely magic.

Good to have you girl...

Dwayne

• Like 1

Thank you, all three of you!

I was a little worried I was gonna be passed over, being the oddball that I am, but hey! Awesome! :D

Brian: Thanks for the tips! I'll definitely check out the forums! I'm still learning my way around the site, but that will be one of the first things I do once I'm confident in my site-navigation skills. :) I've figured out the downloads area, so I think I'll be ready to go later today!

Rookie: Awesome! I'm glad quirks are so welcome here! I've had some issues in my class with a couple of guys who I guess felt I threatened their macho-ness or something, I'm still not clear on that one, so I figured a quirky-warning was a kindness to folks :D

Dwayne: Thank you! That is quite the welcome! And a paramedic-intern is a medic student who is doing their clinical hours and their internship. Currently I'm looking for a paramedic preceptor to take me on as an intern so I can get my hours done and then go take my test! On another note, I'll definitely take a look at the scenario forums, those sound like a good tool. Nice catch on the not googling though :P I'm a bit of a google addict. lol Oh, and thanks for the warning about the "flirts". I figured there would be, but nice to know for sure. I'm really looking forward to taking advantage of everything on here, from reading the forums, to downloading whatever people upload to the downloads area, to discussing hypothetical cases with people in order to better prepare for what is out there that I might not have otherwise anticipated :D

Thanks again, all three of you! Feel free to shoot me a message anytime!

Cheers!

-Stephanie

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.