long time lurker saying hello

paramatt_

Hello all

I'm one of the few (or maybe many?) out there who visits lots but isn't much of a poster. From some friendly encouragement I thought I'd say hello and hope to post a bit more in the future. I've picked up a good amount of useful info from just reading, so might as well contribute when appropriate.

Just for a bit of background / context, I initially got my EMT about 10years ago, did a bit of study at the local community college level before moving from the US and completed a higher degree in paramedics....still living and working overseas. Though i'm happily working at the moment, I wouldn't mind getting into research or planning/management in the future.

Anyways, lots of props to those, unlike myself, who do take the time to post and share what they know/share their experiences and of course to those who get out there and ask the questions in the first place

Hope y'all have a good weekend

Well you are on your way as I see you have made 8 posts now! It takes time getting comfortable posting questions or comments due to not wanting to say something dumb! Well I am over that now as I do say dumb things at times or might not post the best question or post something about how my day went that may not be interesting to others.

I find it is very helpful after doing call that you are unsure of to post a brief discription on the site and read the comments to see if there was something you may have missed on your assessment or treatment. It helps me learn and hopefully make me a better Paramedic.

Don't be shy and jump in with both feet!

Welcome!

...I've picked up a good amount of useful info from just reading, so might as well contribute when appropriate....

That is exactly what keep me here sometimes and keeps me posting. It just seems that if you're going to take then you ought to give too...I like that a lot man.

Where at overseas?

I look forward to your thoughts..

Dwayne

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.