New Kid - Music City (TN)

Eternal Pupil

Hello out there. I've taken quite a bit of time reading through various posts through this site's Forum today - decided I'd go ahead and join. I'm usually one of those "mostly silent observer types" online but wanted to take a few minutes to thank the frequent contributors to the various posts here for offering their opinions, critiques, & insight on things .. good reads for the "new kids" such as myself.

(Quick intro: After 2 different college degrees and working in several different aspects of the Allied Health field, I begin EMT-B training in less than a month.)

Cheers,

D. Clemons

Hey D, Welcome to the City.

Two college degrees and you're going for you EMTB? Are you friggin' insane?? :-)

I don' know what a retired LMT is...in fact I don't know what any kind of LMT is...What is that?

Good on you for continuing on with your education. I'm guessing that the EMTB maybe has more to do with survivalist prep than with looking for a new career?

It's good to have you here. But, be warned, the 'silent observer types' really don't reap much from these forums. If you really are an eternal student, and you truly do want to commit the nooks and crannies of EMS to you gray matter, you will have to participate. It's not nearly as bad as it can sometimes seem.

I have a feeling that you have a lot to offer. Don't cheat us out of the chance to learn from you.

Dwayne

Hello and welcome Mr. Clemons! Its good to have you here. I live about 40mins from the great Music City. EMS is a great place to make a fresh start. My dad did the same thing about a year ago after a successful career and multiple computer degrees only to go back to school for nursing and he hasn't looked back since. Best of luck with your EMT-B class. Hope to hear from you in the forums.

Are you friggin' insane?? :-)

Nah, just slightly masochistic.. seeking a challenge, etc. I can't help but be impressed at times by how emergency crews respond to various situations (which, in a metropolitan city this size, is often!) - which leads me to want to learn more. =)

@chbare, thank you - yes, Licensed Massage Therapist (retired my license(s) awhile back after relocating)

In general, my interest in proper training/learning/experience in this field is mostly for personal reasons than professional ones though I won't rule out any future possibilities.

Thanks for the nudge on contributing, lol, but admittedly I'm a bit intimidated by the stack of course text books already in my possession a month early and will actually need to pre-study to stay on top of things.

Edited to say:

Thanks MP-EMT22 ~ awesome to hear about your dad finding the change so fulfilling. Sometimes you just have to try something else, expand your "comfort zone", & stretch to grow.

Cheers,

D.Clemons

Edited by Eternal Pupil

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.