RAs

Michigan has some services that also have MICU/NICU trucks.....

If the term 'bus' was such a part of common vernacular in NYC, then why don't our NYC members all use it? I can't think of one time someone like RichardB has used that term.....

You just gotta love those people that take all the shlock churned out by Hollyweird as gospel (I saw it on TV, so therefore it MUST be true!)!

ô¿ô _♫♪♪♪♫♪

The term "bus" when referring to an ambulance is really a slang term here in NY. We us it when talking amongst ourselves but not over the air. Over the air we use the unit numbers but in conversation it's not uncommon to use.

Wow, are you guys really this obsessed with me?

He talks about RA's, and yet refers to his ambulance as a Bus (NYC terminology)......

I'm begining to wonder if he's not watching too many of the 'whacker shows' (Trauma, Third Watch, Rescue Me......)

I'm near NYC, but I don't live in NYC. I don't want to give my exact location/department, as I don't want my employer to easily identify my postings. All too often nowadays background checks involve internet checks. I like to keep myself anonymous.

"Bus" from NTC and "RA" from L.A. er Hollywood ... maybe listening to too many scanners on Utube ?

Due the lack of answering direct questions maybe SD should call himself Hollywoodmedic911 ? just saying. :devilish:

I listened to the recording, LAPD dispatch were sending a tank, but sending a "rescue Ambulance" into a bloody war zone i.e. unsafe scene likely would have just resulted in more fatalities, no doubt in my mind aboot that.

cheers

"Bus" is the slang term we use amongst ourselves here. RA is the way we refer to ourselves over the air, and outside agencies request an ambulance by asking for a "RA".

And if you listen closely to the North Hollywood radio transmitions, they send the RA to the CP (which I believe stands for command post). I assume this is probably a few blocks away from the war zone.

• Like 1

Wow, are you guys really this obsessed with me?

I'm near NYC, but I don't live in NYC. I don't want to give my exact location/department, as I don't want my employer to easily identify my postings. All too often nowadays background checks involve internet checks. I like to keep myself anonymous.

"Bus" is the slang term we use amongst ourselves here. RA is the way we refer to ourselves over the air, and outside agencies request an ambulance by asking for a "RA".

And if you listen closely to the North Hollywood radio transmitions, they send the RA to the CP (which I believe stands for command post). I assume this is probably a few blocks away from the war zone.

So what you're saying is the material you're posting to this board is something that you would never say in public as it would reflect poorly on you ... interesting.

I can see not wanting to share too much information online. The depth of background checks some employers undertake is increasingly invasive. It's very easy for employers to take comments out of context which could result in either a termination of employment of failure to be hired.

That being said, anonymity on line is a myth. If determined, people will find out who you are, where you live and who your friends are. This is independent of any attempts at keeping a low profile.

The best way to not be found out online is not to engage online.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.