Noob

hillbillyemt

Welcome.

Don't do it.

Bhwaa Haa Ha ... Ak.

hillbillyemt: Try the search engine ... and welcome .

Hello all. I am an EMTB in Va. I am getting ready to start EMTI class in September. Happy to be here. Any advice on the EMTI?

First off hello to a fellow virginian.

EMT-I is not what exactly I would aim for considering national registry and most states are eliminationg it. Once the new standards talke place you can take Advanced EMT or Paramedic. Va will still be recognizing Intermediate for a period of time but will be eliminating it as well, so you will have to take over 100 hours of extra training to become a Paramedic or you will be thrown backwards to a AEMT which has less skills and scope of practice than the current I certification. If you get it it will help you in Paramedic. My suggestion, if you go through I, dont stop there continue through to P. Trust me I am going from B-P and I am glad i am able to bypass I but would still have liked to have the knowledge because going from B-P is difficult cause you have to learn the I and P material all at one time, it can get really complicated. Take it as you will from a guy who is about finished with Paramedic school. Good Luck! Here is a good tip, learn to study, apply material, and gather rationale. Know your anatomy and physiology inside and out, left and right, forwards and backwards. If not you will have an extremely difficult time.

FireEMT2009

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.