I guess I'm new at this

Hey Everyone,

So I have a question; how does a new EMT get a job? I have been searching for months but it seems that inexperience is not attractive to potential employers.

I went through the EMT-B course last summer and recieved my certification in January after I aced my national registry. I have like no actual experience (a couple basic trauma cases as an EMS student), but I really need to get into something or I feel like all the material I've had branded into my brain will slowly fade away.

And guys..I really want this..I'm like twitching to use the knowledge given to me.

Help me out?

Hey congrads on passing, I just did too. I am also a recent grad looking for employment as well. I don't know what the job market is like and the area you live but in my area of north louisiana there are only a few providers holding contracts. The largest the is near me is AMR is they have careers posted on amr.net. The other main service provider that i am interested in applying with is pafford ems. They handle alot of rural areas and I was told by one of their employees to feel free to drop by the corparate office here and applyin person. Don't be afriad to pick up the phone and speak with a supervisor. Jobs are competitve are they wont just fall into your lap. Also I have been thinking of volounteering a few times a month until i am fortunate enough to land a job so i can continue learning and also get my foot in the door of one of those companies. Good luck and I hope this helped a little bit. Oh have you tried googling ems jobs in your state to see what pops up?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.