Mosby's Basic Arrhythmias

Howdy all,

I figured I'd try to get ahead of the game over the summer and do some self study on interpreting EKGs so it's one less thing to try to cram in during my crazy 2nd semester of nursing school (Med Surg first half, OB/Peds second half).

Anyone used Mosby's Basic Arrhythmias? Did you like it? Anything you particularly found helpful? I won a copy at an EMS conference I was at in my area (got to meet Steve Berry, too! it was a good day) and have just barely started to work with it to keep m'self awake during my night shifts.

It's got a nice online interface too which I haven't had a chance to mess with yet... right now, cardiac is one of my weakest areas. I understand some of the patho behind it, but I can't correlate it to strip changes, and I would like to know what I'm seeing as I try to sneak a peek at the strips the local EMS crews end up running on my residents when I send them out...

Wendy

CO EMT-B

• 2 weeks later...

I have not tried it, but I have used Dubin's Rapid Interpretation of ECGs and 12 Lead ECG Confidence by Green & Chairimada

This is the book I used in paramedic school. It's the book we used over winter quarter, too. It's easy to read and use.

I thought you were supposed to be de-stressing over summer break!