Remember that 96 minute CPR thread?

Here's some follow up that touches on the call in question. I'm afraid it doesn't answer any of the specific questions raised by the several doubters of the events. In fact, this may even raise more questions. But I think an independent report of 12 defibrillatory shocks along with several rounds of antiarrythmics from a flight crew capable of cardiac monitoring confirms that the patient in question was, in fact, in cardiac arrest for at least 62 minutes worth of resuscitation.

The article itself is more designed to talk about capnography. It's written for non-EMS and non-medical people. But given the debate generated by the previous thread I thought some follow up would be good.

Here's the link to the Wall Street Journal article.

Have at it.

Oh mike, brining up that "rah rah bullshit" story again ;)

Is the survival to discharge over there really 10%?

Not scary, just surprised.

I wish my service would publish its survival to discharge data internationally, cause i cant really show you anything tp prove the stats.

Not scary, just surprised.

I wish my service would publish its survival to discharge data internationally, cause i cant really show you anything tp prove the stats.

Other than your word Bushy and that's good enough for me and most on this site.

Other than your word Bushy and that's good enough for me and most on this site.

Thanks for the vote of confidence, but i think id be called i liar if i presented the quarterly results that just came out.

OK.

Melbourne survival to hospital (if i remember correctly) was +50%, survival to discharge was +30%

Country Vitoria, survival to hospital was something like 35%, survival to discharge was +20%.

Ill scan the document when i get back to work on sunday

Edited by BushyFromOz

Does it break down specifics on those who survive to discharge? Neurologically intact versus discharged to skilled nursing care due to the anoxic hit? What kind of total numbers are we looking at here?

I think the results you're getting are great. It'd be nice if we could learn something from you guys and see similar results here.

That i cant tell you, but i suspect it is collated, it's just not given to us. The document we get shows ambulance KPI's, so its not just cardiac arrest survival. Theres data like mean reducstions in pain score, response times, complaints against the service etc.

All arrests here go into a cardiac arrest registry for auditing which is some kid of partnership between monash university and ambulance vitoria, so i believe that they would have that information on hand.

Ive also been told by someoene in the clinical department that we dont get any octogenerics survive to dicharge, so yeah, im sure the data is there somewhere

Edited by BushyFromOz

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.