Advanced Training Question

I am trying to plan my education route and I have a question about these classes I see online.

http://ncti-online.com/nevada/index1.shtml

Once I become a Paramedic, do I have to take these additional courses or are they included in the paramedic training? I want to have all the extra certs I can have.

12 Lead/EKG Provider Course

CCT Transport Paramedic Training Course

ACLS-Provider

BCLS (CPR)-Provider

BTLS Provider

PHTLS Provider

AMLS Provider

PALS Provider

PEPP Provider

PPC Provider

For the most part, I would not consider these credentials advanced education. Many of said credentials can be obtained in a day long course. You will most likely look at PHTLS, ACLS, BLS and PALS if you go through a good paramedic programme. Again, they are relatively easy to obtain.

I always suggest taking college level anatomy and physiology, chemistry, math and/or a college level English composition course. Unfortunately, the time commitment goes from a day to about four months for a typical semester long course.

Take care,

chbare.

You're an EMT student now, right? Why don't you focus on getting through EMT school for now? While it's great you're thinking ahead you're getting too far ahead of yourself. The more time you spend in school and working within the field you'll find that a lot of the answers will become clear when they're supposed to.

I am trying to find out the best route to take. There are many EMS training programs in Las Vegas. I might NOT want to take all my training at one school. I might want to switch around to get it done quicker. One school requires EMT I cert to do paramedic and one does not. I am trying to plan my education route and pay fees so the classes don't fill up.

You're an EMT student now, right? Why don't you focus on getting through EMT school for now? While it's great you're thinking ahead you're getting too far ahead of yourself. The more time you spend in school and working within the field you'll find that a lot of the answers will become clear when they're supposed to.

Ask your Instructor. Get the EMT. Get some experience and speak with your co-workers and supervisors about this. Get accepted to a Paramedic Course. You'll know what alphabet certs will be included. Many courses vary. Then get a job. Maybe your employer will pay for the other alphabet courses; depending on the type of service. Ask someone you see over in LV, that is familiar with this process. Good luck.

I am trying to find out the best route to take. There are many EMS training programs in Las Vegas. I might NOT want to take all my training at one school. I might want to switch around to get it done quicker. One school requires EMT I cert to do paramedic and one does not. I am trying to plan my education route and pay fees so the classes don't fill up.

This doesn't change the fact that you're getting ahead of yourself. You need to concentrate on one thing at a time. The more time you spend with school and learning the more you'll be able to figure out a lot of what you need. You seem to want us to answer all of your questions for you. We cannot do that. The vast majority of questions you want answers to can only be answered by you. And that can only happen with your own experiences... not vicariously earned by asking us.

One step at a time. The training process is an experience by itself. As you go through it take what you can. Learn from the good points. Learn from the mistakes. Some mistakes you need to make on your own. And sometimes the best way to learn is from your own mistakes.

So get out there and start doing it. Playing around on here isn't going to get you everything you want or need.