NJ to NYS EMT-B reciprocity

Does anyone have recent experience with getting EMT-B reciprocity from NJ to NYS? In the archives several years ago, someone said I need to have taken the written exam within the last year to get reciprocity, otherwise I need to take a refresher course. I checked this website: http://www.health.state.ny.us/nysdoh/ems/certification/reciprocity.htm and it makes no mention of it. Can anyone confirm this? Thanks!

It is pretty self explanatory. Just download the packet and sent it to NYS DOH EMS. Just need prove of NYS Residency and employment. NYS is very quick with processes. You'll never reach someone on the phone. You will have to leave a message and the appropriate party will call you back. All the best.

433 River Street

Troy, NY 12180

ems@health.state.ny.us

Phone: 5184020996

Fax: 5184020985

REMAC are for ALS only. It allows you to work in a specific Region in NYS. Being just a NYS EMT-P doesn't allow you to work. You have to be credentialed in a Region w/in NYS. I'm a NYS EMT-P; credentialed in NYC, Westchester, and Hudson Valley. So I can work in these Regions. I can not work in Albany, Troy, Buffalo, or Syracuse; they are in another Region... Basically, a person will be credential in a Region in which the school is in. You can apply for a position in an EMS Organization and if they hire you; you will get credentialed in the Region the employer is in. They're are exams to be credentialed; usually on the Regional Protocol...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.