EMS boots

I need a good pair of work boots for clinicals I dont really know a good brand of work boots hoping you guys know a good brand. I am looking to spend $20-$50 but if there is a better pair for $10 or so more i would rather get them. Also please tell me where you got them at, thank you for the help.

I need a good pair of work boots for clinicals I dont really know a good brand of work boots hoping you guys know a good brand. I am looking to spend $20-$50 but if there is a better pair for $10 or so more i would rather get them. Also please tell me where you got them at, thank you for the help.

I know these may be a little more than you said you wanted to spend, but I had a pair similar to these when I was working in New Orleans after the hurricanes, and was on my feet for 12+ hours a day. These boots were really light and very comfortable!

http://www.3rdwatchshoes.com/servlet/ProductList?command=createProcurement&supplierID=352&manuID=352&categoryID=2139&categoryName=Men%27s+Footwear

I've had the same Wal-Mart boots for over a year now and they're starting to get ragged on me. Worst of all, Wal-Mart doesn't carry that brand anymore. Guess I'll have to shell out the dough for an actual pair of duty boots.

I know these may be a little more than you said you wanted to spend, but I had a pair similar to these when I was working in New Orleans after the hurricanes, and was on my feet for 12+ hours a day. These boots were really light and very comfortable!

http://www.3rdwatchs...en%27s+Footwear

They look nice and sound good, ill do some more looking around but i will take these into consideration, I dont mind spending $90 for extremely comfortable boots thanks for the information

I am currently using Bates Ultra Lites and i like them a lot for the price. They are only ~$75 and they are plenty comfortable and have side zips. They run a little larger than most running shoes (Nike, New Balance) so if you order online you may want to size down about a half size.

Buy side-zips, you will be happy you did, especially after your first night shift.

I had 5.11 Haste side zip boots, they were okay once I put in an expensive set of insoles, I think this was because I ordered the wrong size.

If you are willing to spend a little money, danners will last you a long time.

When you are looking for pants, I definitely recommend the 5.11 EMT pants, they are very comfortable and functional.

Edited by AlmostJesus

Well I would highly suggest Danner Acadia's. I know it is not in your budget but remember you get what you pay for. I have been working EMS for 20yrs and swear by the boots.

I own three pairs with the oldest pair at 15 years old and newest at 2 years old.

They are waterproof, best leather on market, NOT hot to wear (I wear 200gram Gortex Year round), and for a low fee they are rebuilt and tread replaced as needed. I am on my 2nd set of sole on my 15yr old boots and they still look new.

Best thing about Danners are they mold to your feet after the 2 or 3 week break in period and then they wear like fuzzy slippers.

My suggestion would be save some money and make an investment that will last your career in EMS.

We tend to buy IPhones, Driods, the best laptops and toys to keep us occupied at work but without good ankle support, dry feet, great tread, and the feeling of wearing slippers while working; those fancy toys won't help you when you twist your ankle in that rain filled pot hole and spend the rest of your shift with a sore ankle and wet socks.

So in summary... pack a lunch everyday and save some dough for a good pair of boots. In time you'll be suprised of how much you saved up by packing a cheap lunch.

Visit: www.danner.com

go to: Play Film (the current one has a cop - he did add the rubber toe caps (glued on - crappy job applying them - I had them they arn't worth it)

also go to: under the New Quarry "Mark of a true crafts man link" to see videos from danner about the boots and recrafting

http://www.danner.com/boots/quarry/#video-splash

also go to: Customer stories link to read about some of them

Edited by Medic One

Well I would highly suggest Danner Acadia's. I know it is not in your budget but remember you get what you pay for. I have been working EMS for 20yrs and swear by the boots.

I own three pairs with the oldest pair at 15 years old and newest at 2 years old.

They are waterproof, best leather on market, NOT hot to wear (I wear 200gram Gortex Year round), and for a low fee they are rebuilt and tread replaced as needed. I am on my 2nd set of sole on my 15yr old boots and they still look new.

Best thing about Danners are they mold to your feet after the 2 or 3 week break in period and then they wear like fuzzy slippers.

My suggestion would be save some money and make an investment that will last your career in EMS.

We tend to buy IPhones, Driods, the best laptops and toys to keep us occupied at work but without good ankle support, dry feet, great tread, and the feeling of wearing slippers while working; those fancy toys won't help you when you twist your ankle in that rain filled pot hole and spend the rest of your shift with a sore ankle and wet socks.

So in summary... pack a lunch everyday and save some dough for a good pair of boots. In time you'll be suprised of how much you saved up by packing a cheap lunch.

Visit: www.danner.com

go to: Play Film (the current one has a cop - he did add the rubber toe caps (glued on - crappy job applying them - I had them they arn't worth it)

also go to: under the New Quarry "Mark of a true crafts man link" to see videos from danner about the boots and recrafting

http://www.danner.co...y/#video-splash

also go to: Customer stories link to read about some of them

Thanks like i said i was looking for the price range but if something better came up and that will last a long time i would rather get the more expensive one instead. thanks for the information

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.