Amblance Companies in Philadelphia?

bandaidemt

as stated above pfd ( ems side) rarely have dual medics now. They are so short handed that most of the time its one ff and one medic. The pfd hasn't had a medic class in i think over 3 or 5 yrs. Also i am not sure if their whole system is the busiest in the nation, but i know one of their medic trucks has had the most calls in the nation.

as far as the private ambulance ( transport companies) their are i believe over 50 just in phila. alone. with many more right outside of the city. Most have less then 5 trucks. Working for one is a great way to learn the area but thats about it. you would prob never use your skills for you mostly would do dialysis runs

That last post is false. I have a perminate partner and unless staffing requires us to be split up (2-3 shifts a month of approx 18). I work dual medic. We are offered overtime ahead of FFs and if you don't have a partner you often times get an OT medic. FSP class 26, 27&28 took place within the last 2-4yrs and hired 25-30 medics most young and very motivated ones. There are stong rumors of more hiring classes in 2011.

• 2 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.