Semi new guy here from Pennsylvania

Underdawg3ate1

Hi everyone!

I signed up here several years ago but lost track as time went one. I've been in EMS since 2002, started off as a vollie and worked my way up from just CPR-First Aid to Emergency Responder and now for the past 4 years as an EMT-B. I plan on getting the P within the next 5 years. The company I run for is a small 2 rig/1 station vollie/paid that runs between 900 and 1000 911 calls a year and serves around 15,000 people in a rural and suburban environment. It's not terribly bad, I've been in worse places both in and out of EMS, but sometimes I just have to wonder how and why some folks are in this biz!!

I'm also a 14 year veteran of the Army, both active and reserve with 2 overseas deployments in not so nice places. Getting out this year to take a break to focus on getting ready for Medic school. From what I've seen here, there's a lot of talent and brains to be picked so I'm sure I'll be bugging some of you guys in the future!

Anyways, I'm glad to be back here again and hope to stick around and contribute where I can.

Welcome to the City!! you will find some very useful information on this site.

Jump into discussions even if you don't know the answer ask questions. People on this site are very helpful

Have fun and look forward to seeing your future posts :beer:

Brian

Welcome back man! And thank you for your military service.

Not much has changed in a while, we've lost some awesome members, gained a bunch of new awesome members, still have a few chuckleheads floating around, but all in all it's still the same valuable resource now that it was then.

Jump in with both feet!

Dwayne

Thanks guys!

It's nice to get on here and read about how the rest of the EMS system around the world operates, and how I'm not alone with similar rants and frustrations. I hope to stick around this time, and Dwayne, I'm already up to my eyeballs...ohh and thank you for your support, it's very much appreciated!

Sean

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.