grants or scholarships for paramedic training

quad_ems_chic

I have been an EMT-B for 5 yrs now and I'm wanting to go to paramedic school. I'm planning on going to a college for my training instead of the local program so I can get a grant or scholarship to pay for it. The problem I'm running into is that there is nothing available for a working mom of 3. There is alot available out there if I wanted to be something higher than a paramedic. I don't want that. My place is in the pre-hospital field.

If anyone knows of any, please tell me.

The next class starts in Aug. 2011 and I need to have Intro to A&P done first so I need to get moving as I'm sure the class size is limited.

Thanks

The best advice I can offer, is to check with the Financial Aid department of the college you plan to attend. They can help you locate funding to go to school. I would do a little 'homework' before that though, and make sure the college you want to attend even has a Paramedic program.

Best of luck!

LS

What state do you live in ???? ...... In Maryland, New York, and I believe Virginia, if you sign on with a volunteer FD or EMS service, most will sponser you in a Paramedic Training program, some are college based others are certificate programs.........

Search around where you live and check out the options in your area. I'm sure there are some similar programs.

Good luck

There is all kinds of financial aid out there as the others have posted, where you are will have alot to do with it too. There is a good program in PA, here is a link Paramedic Program It is intense and you get a lot of field and clinical hours with quality preceptors that have all kinds of experience.

Check with the service you work for and with other area services some offer to pay if you agree to work for them X number of years. If rural might even check with the local hospitals they might fund you.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.