Hello All

fakingpatience

So, I already posted a question in the general form, but figured I should introduce myself as well :)

I am an EMT-B in the US. I just moved from one state to another and am trying to get back into EMS in my new state. My certifications just transfered, and I have interviews with the two agencies in my area coming up in the next two weeks, so hopefully they will go well! I was a volunteer in an ALS ambulance service back in my other state for just under a year, so hopefully the agencies here will see me as more qualified than someone who just got out of school. I am a little nervous, since the testing for one company seems to favor people who just finished EMT school, because all it is is the skills test they had to pass at the end of class... I am currently working in an unrelated job, and every time I hear the sirens go past my house (which for some reason is ridiculously often), I yearn to be back in EMS. I also want to further my education, eventually going back to school to become a paramedic.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.