Hiya!

Sidith

Hello Folks!

Found this site while browsing for some tips, tricks, and advice, while on a little break from classes. I'm 23 and currently taking them for EMT-B and so far doing good and hoping to hang in there, grade wise! Always been interested in the medical field and public safety ever since I found out my friends mother was a Paramedic, and told me some stories from it. After graduating from High School in Michigan and trying to travel, trying to get out on my own, I end up back in Michigan again with my close friends and family. I finally get myself motivated to work towards something I Think I would enjoy and found this program/course in Flint for EMS. Eventually after finishing the classes and taking the National Registry Examination and getting my feet wet, I hope to become a Paramedic and perhaps further broaden.

Haven't done any clinicals or ride-alongs yet, but was just recently given the green to start them. Pretty excited and anxious about it all.

Question, though... in the gap of time between graduation and starting these classes, I've always been interested in piloting and being around helicopters... which would of what I would tried to jump into if I signed those military papers prior to graduating High School. So, what's it take to get into the medical air transport? To be onboard one, and to pilot one? Any well known schools around Michigan to get a pilot certificate, and possibly help out with the costs of the training? It's a goal I'd like to reach some day in my life sooner or later ^_^

Thanks, appreciate any insight and information. I'll be sure to be browsing the forums for anything that comes up while on this adventure.

Brian

Hello Folks!

Found this site while browsing for some tips, tricks, and advice, while on a little break from classes. I'm 23 and currently taking them for EMT-B and so far doing good and hoping to hang in there, grade wise! Always been interested in the medical field and public safety ever since I found out my friends mother was a Paramedic, and told me some stories from it. After graduating from High School in Michigan and trying to travel, trying to get out on my own, I end up back in Michigan again with my close friends and family. I finally get myself motivated to work towards something I Think I would enjoy and found this program/course in Flint for EMS. Eventually after finishing the classes and taking the National Registry Examination and getting my feet wet, I hope to become a Paramedic and perhaps further broaden.

Haven't done any clinicals or ride-alongs yet, but was just recently given the green to start them. Pretty excited and anxious about it all.

Question, though... in the gap of time between graduation and starting these classes, I've always been interested in piloting and being around helicopters... which would of what I would tried to jump into if I signed those military papers prior to graduating High School. So, what's it take to get into the medical air transport? To be onboard one, and to pilot one? Any well known schools around Michigan to get a pilot certificate, and possibly help out with the costs of the training? It's a goal I'd like to reach some day in my life sooner or later ^_^

Thanks, appreciate any insight and information. I'll be sure to be browsing the forums for anything that comes up while on this adventure.

Brian

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.