Host needed for UK Exchange visit to FDNY

PA22961

Hi all, new to this site.

I used to work in the Royal Air Force Mountain Rescue Service and qualified as a Paramedic. Now working as an advanced Paramedic on a Rapid Response Vehicle in Staffordshire.

When I was in the military we used to regularly do exchange visits with other rescuers/medics in other countries and reciprocate in the UK.

I am very keen to establish links, primarily with the FDNY medics with a view to my colleagues and me hosting some members in this country and accompanying us at work (and play). This is a fantastic opportunity to not only gain an insight into each others particular operating procedures but also to forge links with like minded personal. It is also hoped to reciprocate this offer by being hosted in your department. I hope this makes sense......

In a nutshell, I am looking for someone in the FDNY who is willing to host two or three Brit paras for a week and then come and join us in the UK....

I would welcome your comments and thoughts....

While I have no clue as to where you might be using for dormitory space, for information on ride-alongs, link up to this, and call the number at the bottom of the page.

http://nyc.gov/html/fdny/html/community/ems_faq_042607.shtml#info

Why only the FDNY service? Having come from a fairly large urban service, the experience is pretty limited in that setting, especially with very short transport times.

Absolutely, NO disrespect to FDNY meant in anyway, but you might be selling yourself and others short by not considering other areas as well, especially some of these areas that have wicked long transport situations with limited HEMS availability.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.