Arizona Immigration Law

Just Plain Ruff

That's the point often thrown out by the other side... "What would you want if you were in their position" That doesn't mean what they do is ok, doesn't make it any less wrong, and in fact it is a detriment to the people that actually WORK to become citizens, instead of sneaking across the border.

That is why I am against any and all amnesty plans. You're rewarding criminals, plain and simple. What kind of message does that send to the family in Croatia who's been doing it the legit way trying for 5 years? Is the path to becoming a citizen really hard? Sure. Can it be streamlined a bit? Yea. But so what? Why do some view it as a right to become a citizen in whatever country you want? Why should we extend citizen benefits to any and everyone that asks? Kind of defeats the whole purpose of being a sovereign nation, does it not? And thankfully we have house bill 1868... now just to get those lazy politicians off their butts to close the 14th amendment's loophole about 'birthright' citizenship.

Sure, I had it "easy" and won the lottery by getting born to a upper-middle class white American family. So? Does that mean I have to feel bad? Sure as hell doesn't! Does that give me an obligation to help the less fortunate, within my power? Hell yeah, and I do. Paramedic, remember? But I do not, and will not, feel sorry for people who undermine the very principal of this nation, viewing it as their entitled right to live here if they so desire, my country's laws be damned.

If you can't respect a country's laws, and can't respect a country, why are you there?

The vast majority of the drug violence that is costing the lives of hundreds of Mexicans a month is because WE WANT TO BUY DRUGS.

You know, the vast majority of the reason why there is so much violence in the middle east is because we aren't a hardcore Islamic nation like some people want.

We just can't do anything right, can we?

• Like 1

Have you any idea how difficult it is to come into this country legally? Any idea how much it costs? The USA no longer welcomes the huddled masses, those oppressed and yearning to be free. You have to have a lot of money, have a job where you will make a lot of money, or marry an American. Even marrying an American costs about 3,000 dollars when all is said and done to become a legal immigrant.

Your suggesting that "these people" do so legally is really simple minded and not feasible. Your final statement about how we can't do anything right and explaining all the problems in the middle east with that stupid statement made me realize that you really aren't worth arguing with.

Have a nice day.

PS.. edited to remove double post

Edited by CrapMagnet