Colorado Based Ems providers

I have been back home here in Colorado (Springs specifically) for about a year. I have sent my fingerprints into the FBI/CBI a few weeks ago. Today I will be sending in my pprwk to the state. I have a few questions and have seen more and more Colorado ppl on here lately so I am hoping someone will be able to help me in the right direction.

#1 If you transferred TO colo from another state how long did it take to get your info back from state?

#2 What are some decent companies to work for here? (I am willing to go as far north as Denver, south Pueblo, East Falcon, West Woodland park.

#3 What is the standard pay out here?

Thanks for any and all info you are able to provide.

From what I am seeing there are no jobs out here. Hopefully someone will have some more insight than I do.

• Like 1

I just moved to CO from out of state so I might be able to help a little. My answers in red.

I have been back home here in Colorado (Springs specifically) for about a year. I have sent my fingerprints into the FBI/CBI a few weeks ago. Today I will be sending in my pprwk to the state. I have a few questions and have seen more and more Colorado ppl on here lately so I am hoping someone will be able to help me in the right direction.

#1 If you transferred TO colo from another state how long did it take to get your info back from state?It took them just over 2 months to issue me a license. Of course my having an NREMT-I/85 made it a little more confusing for them while they figured out what it was. From the time the OEMS got the notice from CBI about my fingerprints passing, it took all of a week for them to drop my license in the mail.

#2 What are some decent companies to work for here? (I am willing to go as far north as Denver, south Pueblo, East Falcon, West Woodland park.

From what I've been told, AMR mostly runs the Springs. And are just about universally hated by the FDs down there. Action Care runs Security FD EMS. I just got hired by Action Care up here in the Denver Metro area.

#3 What is the standard pay out here?

I know I'm making 24.5k/year. Not sure how that compares to everyone else

Thanks for any and all info you are able to provide.

From what I am seeing there are no jobs out here. Hopefully someone will have some more insight than I do.

I have an interview with Pridemark next month, and Rural/Metro I never heard anythign back from, DG is one I'm keeping my eye out for BLS positions.

• Like 1

#1: CBI/FBI takes a while to process fingerprints. It depends on what their backlog is. Anywhere from 1-3 months. State can take about a month, but usually they're waiting on your prints as the last part.

#2: Decent companies to work for... well, down in that area you might want to message DwayneEMTP. He did his clinicals in the Springs. Denver has Action Care, AMR, Pridemark, and Denver Health.

Do not look for a job with Denver Health without medic cert in progress- they have done away with BLS only cars and are going to all paramedic. They're currently getting all their BLS providers through medic programs. I hear that the other three privates are not bad to work for. For most companies you need your IV before they'll let you work.

#3: Pay can range from $9-14/hr in Colorado from what I've seen. I really am not sure. Down in the Denver area, you're not going to make much... not sure about the Springs. Again, message Dwayne- he'd know that better than I would.

Have you considered looking into ER tech positions as well? Or are you committed to working field? You're probably going to end up working IFT somewhere... there's a glut of EMT's right now.

Wendy

CO EMT-B

• Like 1

Wow pay is lousy in Colorado.

I actually had thought about looking into Colorado but I think I will hold off as could not afford that big a pay cut. Glad you posted these questions.

• Like 1

Pay is higher for EMT-P. Denver Health ranges somewhere in the $21/hr range for starting paramedics, I believe.

Well thats better, of course factoring cost of living would still be a pay cut. I may just stay where I am at.

Looks like I pissed off some moron as they keep putting negatives on any post I make. To bad they are not man or woman enough to post why they feel a post deserves negative.

Thanks for the responses.

I am hoping that because I have already sent my prints in and not my pprwk yet that it will not take that long. I shall see. From what I have seen here in the springs is yes that AMR runs it here. I did my clinicals with them a while back when I did not pass the exam something like 5 yrs ago.

The FDs here in town are all paid and I think 2 volly/pd stations up north in black forest area. As well as out west in the wp area.

The cost of living is OK here. Not too bad but finding a place (I am currently looking for a new place to live) is hell. Craigslist is not helping any.

I have looked at ED jobs however they are taken pretty fast here. The only 2 hospitals that are even looking is memorial and penrose. Heck those are the only 2 here.

Spenac: I love it here. In the area I live paramedics are only working at AMR or in the ED or work for the FD. The paramedics here at amr are making 37-48k per yr BUT that is in denver. This was posted today. http://www.amr.net/Careers/Search-Jobs.aspx. That is IF you are interested in working with them. As far as I know amr is running colorado mostly.

Spenac: I love it here. In the area I live paramedics are only working at AMR or in the ED or work for the FD. The paramedics here at amr are making 37-48k per yr BUT that is in denver. This was posted today. http://www.amr.net/Careers/Search-Jobs.aspx. That is IF you are interested in working with them. As far as I know amr is running colorado mostly.

I make over that and am in one of the lowest cost of living areas there is. I like Colorado but this old desert dweller would probably freeze to death if I moved up there.

• Like 1

I make over that and am in one of the lowest cost of living areas there is. I like Colorado but this old desert dweller would probably freeze to death if I moved up there.

Shoot you would freeze today. It is COLD low 40s here. DD went outside to play and her hands turned numb poor thing. Did I mention that they turned off the heat in the apt complex and now we only have ac? So no heat in my place right now. I think I am going turn the oven on for heat now..

If I liked texas I would be there. I would like to be in Florida tho at the beach in Miami...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.