TRAUMA - Episode 17

Okay, here we go. A few hits, but still mostly misses this week.

Glenn is getting annoying with his need for war stories.

And his five o’clock shadow has been annoying since the first episode. Makes him look more faggoty than Tyler. Give it a break.

Rabbit’s ethnic origin is becoming a running joke, like the GEICO gecko.

Love how the siren changes tones all by themselves without anyone turning a knob.

The patient getting shot by a return actor is probably the most overtold and lied about story in EMS.

Love the way the ER staff takes the patient AND stretcher, AND monitor, and the EMS crew just walks away in the waiting room.

And then sends someone out to the ramp to return the equipment to them? Ha! Not in this century!

Tachypnoeic? Does anyone really pronounce the E? I’ve never heard anyone but a rookie do that.

Glenn driving like a code-3 rookie in the right lane, on city streets. Moron.

QUIT MAKING THAT AIR SQUIRTING NOISE WHEN YOU INJECT MEDICATIONS!!!!11 There is no (at least not supposed to be) air in an IV injection!

And quit making injections without a needle, while you’re at it. Or at least use a Luer-Loc port instead of an injection port.

And at least take the cap off of the syringe hub when you pretend to give an injection. That’s what teeth are for.

Relying on the monitor for pulse rate, eh? N00b!

Tyler still wearing various non-matching t-shirts with his uniform. Guarantee you SFFD would never tolerate that.

LOL@Marisa suggesting that Rabbit make Nancy dinner.

Nancy trusts Glenn. Big mistake. Sure enough, it turns out to be.

Love the suspense leading up to Rabbit opening up his door for Nancy in the flashback!

Find the strap for Marisa’s helmet. It is totally fake without it.

Boone’s whacker pouch needs to go farther back on his belt. Nobody wears it up in their lap.

Tyler’s Louisiana mullet is priceless! If that was actually the style then, then he’s been an EMT for a very long time.

I’m still fascinated that these guys can casually talk to each other by walkie talkie without interrupting dispatch traffic.

Rabbit drives home drunk. A-hole.

And yeah, harassing dispatch for a run is BS in a department that size. Nobody asks for a run, because they’re likely to give you a shyte run.

Dispatcher dialogue is unbelievably fake sounding. Sounds like something from Mother Jugs & Speed.

Instant cardiac arrest from a tumble down the steps? Puhleeze!

WTF is Nancy hiding her babysitting from Rabbit for? God, I hate her! What a friggin’ drama queen!

A&Ox3! Typical California back-asswardness. That’s more outdated than Tyler’s mullet.

Tyler and Boone arguing over who has to drive. Totally fake. Crews argue over who GETS to drive.

Glenn refers to his patient as “just some drunk guy” who “doesn’t need a doctor”. As if this loser is competent enough to determine that. He’s already killed a few in the last couple of episodes. I sense FAIL!

Dr. Di fishing for Glenn to ask her for her story is SO lame.

The guy playing Tyler’s dad is good! And the scene of them together was touching. Well played by Tyler too. Good character development.

I hope this writing thing works out for Glenn, because he SUCKS as an EMT.

SF is a big city. It’s about time that these guys occasionally transport to a different hospital or two. Transporting to only one hospital is pretty fakey.

Edited by Dustdevil

I beg to differ. The call with Rabbit and Nancy, where they saved a multiple gunshot wound patient, only to have a gunman follow them to the ER and shoot him dead, started out as an MCI (Multiple Casualty Incident), consisting of 5 persons shot.

The protocols that I operate under (FDNY EMS Command) have any incident generating 5 or more patients, or the potential for generating 5 or more patients, as an MCI. Breaking it down further, each FDNY EMS ambulance is crewed by either 2 EMTs or 2 Paramedics. On presumption of one personnel for each patient, if a 3rd ambulance is needed, the call is an MCI.

I know you really don't want to mess with the "Trauma Formula" but it really is stretching it to call 4 victims (3 of whom are dead) an MCI. I don't know SF's protocols but in the South Bay area they don't usually declare it an MCI until at least 5 patients. :whistle: Mind you with the medical care given on the show they could say that they need mutual aid to deal with even one patient as it would exhaust their "local resources"!!!

:innocent:

Cheers!

I know you really don't want to mess with the "Trauma Formula" but it really is stretching it to call 4 victims (3 of whom are dead) an MCI.

OK, You called my bluff. I went to the TV website to check.

I lose!

Glen actually says they had 3 dead and one living. My count was wrong by one, so there was no MCI this episode.

For those keeping score, yeah, I missed the mark, and admit it. It still remains one of the few times.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.