Paramedic Practice Today: Above and Beyond Textbooks- Is it better than Bledsoe or others

spenac

So as many on here know I've only been a Paramedic around a year though I have been in EMS for a long time. As I always try to stay on top of things I was looking on ebay for Paramedic books and saw these. Paramedic Practice Today: Above and Beyond 2 volume set from Mosby written by Barbara Aehlert Rn.

My link

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150423695715&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT

Is it worth buying for additional study? Is it better than Bledsoes book or the other Mosby text or even the Nancy Caroline?

Don't know about good, bad or indifferent, but the program I just graduated from has switced from the Bledsoe text to this 2-volume set. Although it may be biased, the instructors seem to like the new text.

I'm thinking of adding them to my library, but waiting until there are some "used" ones in the system.

That's why I check ebay to find better prices on study items. I definitely do not want to become one of the Paramedics that got the patch and never opens a book again and never progresses.

• 1 year later...

I'm in paramedic school now and only a semester away from finishing the last medic class. We use the books and they have a lot of good references and information that brings thinking and discussions about. Ms. Aehlart has a great Airway section over 100 pages dedicated just to it. The Medical, Trauma, Patient assessment section is also good too. We did not use the pharm section, we used a seperate textbook. There is some information that seems to contradict itself, but it is few and far between. It is a great tool for reference and review on stuff that you have forgotten. I had to do that a couple times so far when I couldn't remember a random syndrome.