The Patient Assessment

armymedic571

Are they the same or different?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Is an assessment an assessment, or do they differ depending on skill level?

• They are the same.
    • They are different assessments.

Sorry, Kiwi, my post was directed at the OP. And yeah, I say it is a wholly different assessment based on what you gain from doing it. You can teach a 10 year old to perform a NREMT assessment, doesn't mean they're doing the same assessment as an EMT-P...

Wendy

CO EMT-B

• Like 1

Those skills sheets look a bit dodge mate. Now I know you did not design them but honestly, WTF

- They are written in 2000, like nothing has changed in a decade?

- Why are BLS providers failed if they do not provide oxygen? See my many postings on that there is nothing magic about oxygen!

- ECG for every shortness of breath .... maybe but not thinking so

- Scarily, a GCS is not part of patient assessment in your land?

- Ruling out trauma, well, shouldn't that be done at the scene size up; hard to make a decision about c-spine without it

I can't find one of ours to compare it too but I'm looking

Fair enough. Believe it or not, I downloaded those from the NREMT website. ?????

BTW, if you find yours, it would be nice to have a look!

You keep asking me the same damn question, just phrased differently, so I figured that must have been the angle you were going for otherwise you would have understood my posts and said "yes, that's what I was getting at, education makes the difference." I don't know how many times I said that only to have you ask AGAIN what I was getting at.

Usually people comment on the clarity of my writing... wtf happened here?

Just because I didn't phrase it the way you wanted me to phrase it you kept on it. I stand by all the posts I have made. The assessment ITSELF is different by virtue of the brain performing the assessment being programmed differently.

(Sorry if I sound cranky, I had a rather rough shift and am studying for a microbiology exam at present...)

Wendy

CO EMT-B

NO worries Wendy..... I do understand what you are saying. I do agree. Once again no worries.

I was jsut trying to accentuate my point. Sorry if I pissed you offrolleyes2.gif .

My point was simply this. Eventhough the steps are literally the same, it is way the information is processed that differentiates the exam.

Since, I think we have been all agruing practically the same point for four pages now, I would say it is time to put this bed.

Thanks for playing everyone.thumbsup.gif

Edited by armymedic571

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.