Ottawa Paramedics Subdue Police Officer's Alleged Murderer

Arctickat

OTTAWA — Ottawa police have charged Kevin Gregson, 43, an RCMP officer in Ottawa, with first-degree murder in the stabbing death of Ottawa Police Const. Ireneusz ‘Eric’ Czapnik on Tuesday morning.

The suspect was subdued by two nearby paramedics and quick-thinking bystanders, Chief White said.

Read More Here

That's one of the worst written stories I've ever seen in a newspaper. :rolleyes:

They FAIL to label the pictures, so we have no idea who is who. They leave you wondering if Gregson still is, or only was an RCMP officer. The whole article posed more questions than it answered.

C-

My bad, I just posted the first story i read. Here are a couple more with further info. To answer your question Dust, Gregson was still an RCMP officer who was on unpaid suspension and dismissed from the force, but he appealed his dismissal and therefore, technically, is still an RCMP officer.

Story with no confusing pictures :D

RCMP Statement

I was more interested in the actions of the paramedics than the current employment status of the attacker. Once a cop, always a cop.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.