Wreck

chbare

You are working for a rotor wing based medical evacuation service in the beautiful costal state of Arkorgania. Unfortunately, you are called to intercept an ambulance near the beach. Take it from here.

Take care,

chbare.

I dislike working for costal states, I perfer my costal's to be smothered in sauce and cooked up on the barbie.

Let's see ...

- Doors, closed

- Beacon, on

- Strobes, on

- Nav, not using

- GPS, checked

- Winch, stowed

- Rotor, well clear

- Radios, tuned

Lil' cyclic ... and away we go ... Auckland morning, it's Westpac Rescue, helicopter hotel lima november, just getting airbrone off Mechanics Bay uh, 1500 or below through the TMA we have alpha, be tracking eh, southbound request flight following

Whoops .... that's my other personality :lol:

Now, what information do we have from the crew requesting backup?

• Like 1

Kiwi....... You scare me that you know that much............ :unsure:

Fort Myers, Lifeguard November Five Four One Seven Juliet.... that's about as techinical as I could get.........

In the OP, I'm not an expert on how air ambulance procedures work..... I can start by getitng the ok from the pilot to disembark the aircraft, walk around to the back of the helo, pull the stretcher out and walk with my partner (CCEMTP flight medic) to the back of the ambulance. Scene safe enough for hot load or cold load? I'll approach the vehicle and enter through the side door at the head of the patient and await report from the road medic on the patient. My partner approaching from the rear entering through the back. So what's my report? Huh.....Huh.....Huh......

Edited by Niftymedi911

Kiwi....... You scare me that you know that much............ :unsure:

I have multiple talents :)

Now we're working in some FUBAR country probably so I am guessing we're gonna get something pretty noshered. Could even be a winch job!

Wait, wait, wait .... before we get carried away, aren't like 80% of HEMS jobs unnecessary, did we even need to get up from watching telly? :lol:

Your LZ is a large, secure, open parking lot without any nearby wires. Even with a large patient, the pilot says you should have as much out of ground effect power as needed to take off and get through transitional lift. No weather concerns are noted, and it is early afternoon with lots of light and no visability or local air traffic hazards. No flight restrictions temporary or otherwise, or NOTAMs are noted.

You have a single, male patient.

Take care,

chbare.

Ok a Diver "sick"

ALS requesting transport.

I must assume that this is a small bird, A-Star, Jetbox or BK 105 (a big if transitional lift is a consideration) but ruled out to be a concern, I am thinking that space is a consideration and what invasive procedures MUST be performed prior to skids up.

So single pilot ? Single Paramedic ?

LZ Safe and Secure are LEO of FF on scene (ie appoint safety officer)

So a little more background info svp:

Is Arkorgania Salt or Fresh water state ?

Transport Time estimation for transit en route?

Closest Hyperbaric Chamber availability ?

chbare have we made contact with patient or ALS ground crew updates ?

Ok a Diver "sick"

ALS requesting transport.

I must assume that this is a small bird, A-Star, Jetbox or BK 105 (a big if transitional lift is a consideration) but ruled out to be a concern, I am thinking that space is a consideration and what invasive procedures MUST be performed prior to skids up.

A109 E "power."

So single pilot ? Single Paramedic ?

Single PIC, conditions are boring blue VFR all around.

LZ Safe and Secure are LEO of FF on scene (ie appoint safety officer)

Big, safe, and secure.

So a little more background info svp:

Is Arkorgania Salt or Fresh water state ?

Warm ocean, think gulf of Mexico.

Transport Time estimation for transit en route?

Seven minute flight to definitive care.

Closest Hyperbaric Chamber availability ?

You have a monoplace chamber two minutes away, and a multiplace chamber 10 minutes away, the local trauma centre that is seven minutes away has a monoplace as well.

chbare have we made contact with patient or ALS ground crew updates ?

You have landed and make contact.

Take care,

chbare.