Driver training

kohlerrf

From the discription, PAMI is the same as STEMI (and sorry, I momentarily forget the specifics as to what STEMI stands for, but will update at a later time).

Are you on the right thread there Richard? Haven't heard of a PAMI but STEMI is ST elevation myocardial infarction

I wonder how many would actually consider being an EMT if the ambulances had no lights and sirens? Look at the stigma the transport companies which are just "routine" trucks have. Yet, some wonder why these companies are not more prevalent. Besides all the start up and maintenance costs, could it be that there is a shortage of qualified people who want these jobs? They would much rather drive real fast with L&S than to provide a safe transport for patients to and from appointments and procedures. Thus, there is no shortage of EMT applications at ambulance companies or mills that mass produce EMTs. Some are even to drive an ambulance for free if they can play with the lights and sirens occasionally.

We have actually had some comment to the Specialty Team members when we must use an ambulance service to and from the helicopter in another area that the "baby or kid" can't be that sick if you don't need light and sirens. What they don't consider is that if you know what you are doing and have confidence in your abilities why would one ever run lights and sirens with a patient on board except for a few dire situations or in a few traffic conditions? If the hospitals have confidence in your assessment abilities, they can prepare for whatever you are bringing to them to where very little treatment time is lost. Unfortunately some companies that are ALS still have a "BLS" mentality and the hospitals will also perceive them as such regardless of the patch.

Could not of said it better myself!