Saved by the bell ?

tniuqs

Not to forget that the "removal" of Acute Care Capabilities and down grading the Hospital in Nelson or Castlegar sewered the possible development of a retirement destination, as the potential retirees need Health Care ... go figure eh ? What an excellent way to destroy the potential of community, meanwhile in Nelson the Drug Trade grow ops / co-ops has BOOMED !

A letter to Nelson Express in 2001 may have assisted to actually have a CCT Team to cover the needs due to the loss of services.

Funny, that 20 years ago RNs could care less that some patient showed up to ER in a wheelbarrow or horse drawn buggy but with the advancement in Pre-Hospital Care this is now a huge issue. Even though its a rarity to see an RN in Alberta Health Air Ambulance, in Toba I got paged (in Hospital) as a Flight Nurse on a medivac a year ago and they wondered why I didn pick up a phone ... ?

Also with the wide open positions in dang near every Hospital in Western Canada, one would think that RNs would be best utilized (generally speaking) in Hospitals ?

I have had most excellent RN F) on some teams and mandatory in AB that the RN have registration as EMT or Medic if working on car. It does add depth of field in care but not being able to get behind a wheel or work in the field is absolutely a waste of recourses.

cheers

<late edit> way to go rock_slippers to get me WAY off topic :shiftyninja: The thread and link should be reviewed (perhaps leave a comment on the MacLeans internet site regarding this IAFF move to further stupidity?)

Edited by tniuqs

<late edit> way to go rock_slippers to get me WAY off topic :shiftyninja: The thread and link should be reviewed (perhaps leave a comment on the MacLeans internet site regarding this IAFF move to further stupidity?)

Sorry Squint. Nurses trying to take over paramedic jobs sets me off some days. Nurse/Paramedic turf wars should be a thread all unto itself.

As for the IAFF, comment left. Point of fact, I'm ashamed of MacLean’s for publishing such tripe. I wonder how much the IAFF paid MacLean’s. I'm no business major but it's impossible for me to fathom how staffing a pumper or rescue for medical calls is more cost effective than staffing an ambulance.

Edited by rock_shoes
  • Like 2

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.