Nina . . .

NickD

I'm done with Para Prep and now taking some ALS stuff before Paramedic School but I'm squeezing in some time to work on "Nina" the motorcycle I've been building for a year or so, and now that Trauma's been canceled I can concentrate a bit more . . . :)

I needed to change out the tranny belt pulley that came with the transmission I bought as rear drive belts are for fags eek.gif but getting the main nut off requires a special tool. (And why does this all sound so sexual?) Julia's been back home in PA for two weeks as her Mom is ill, so that must be it . . .

So I looked online and found a Sears that had a 1 and 7/8s socket in stock. It was in Glendale so I fired up the GPS and drove down there. Man, it's getting late early now, it's only 5:15 but pitch dark. This is one of those older stand alone Sears stores so I find a place to park on a side street and walk around the corner. And right into a pretty good looking hooker.

"Looking for a woman?" she asked sweetly.

"No, I'm looking for a socket, but thanks anyway."

"That's cool, but my name's Missy, and I'm always around."

The damn socket thing cost me 26 dollars, and while offering up my credit card I couldn't help thinking Missy would have been cheaper and a lot more fun.

Back home I cut the socket in half with my chop saw because the transmission shaft it too long for it to fit any conventional tool. Then I added a piece of steel pipe and welded it all back together. And that went alright. The main tranny nut is a left hand thread so it's backwards and comes off clockwise, but no matter how hard I tried I couldn't budge it.

I made a block so the pulley wouldn't move when I was pounding on it. And I've got a good impact wrench but a wimpy air compressor so that didn't work. I then tried beating it off with a hammer and a hand impact but that didn't work either. I then cut up a piece of steel pipe for a long breaker bar but still that didn't work.

So I gave up for tonight and instead had a few beers. And just so the night isn't a total loss I'm gonna head back down to Glendale and see if I can find Missy . . .

97625438.jpg

Red4.jpg

b0e2ed95.jpg

bc72d937.jpg

:)

• Like 1

:thumbsup: on the bike but are you sure its safe I dont know much about bikes but it looks a little non harley style to me!

And if that is you in that last picture you look like a mad scientist!!!!!! :whistle:

Just pulling your chain nice bike and nice pics.

ROFL! I honestly thought this was going to turn out to be a joke with a punchline.

I also expected that to turn out to be a misspelling of "Ninja".

That socket looks like something out of Dr. Frankenstein's laboratory! :lol:

x2 on pics of Missy!