Test for Lifting

I wasn't quite sure which topic to put this forum starter in, but anyway, while testing for a new job at a different company as an EMT, we have to do lift tests where you lift up a certain amount of weight at a certain height with good body mechanics. I was able to lift up the weight on the stretcher a few times, however, the grader didn't pass me because he said he didn't like my body mechanics. And I admit, it was tough for me to lift the stupid slab of wood with weights on it, and I got frustrated. I can retest, however I was wondering if anyway had any tips for getting past "the lift" test?

I wasn't quite sure which topic to put this forum starter in, but anyway, while testing for a new job at a different company as an EMT, we have to do lift tests where you lift up a certain amount of weight at a certain height with good body mechanics. I was able to lift up the weight on the stretcher a few times, however, the grader didn't pass me because he said he didn't like my body mechanics. And I admit, it was tough for me to lift the stupid slab of wood with weights on it, and I got frustrated. I can retest, however I was wondering if anyway had any tips for getting past "the lift" test?

FYI, this should be under education and training :)

As for proper lifting techniques, lift with your legs. Bend at the knees, keeping your back straight. Feet shoulder width apart. Depending on the stretcher and the location of the grips, I would assume it is your choice on grip, but I would suggest "palms up". I have better control with this grip.

When lifting, don't jerk your body. Use a count so you lift at the same time as the other people. Suggest using a 3rd person to balance on the side (show them you are thinking). Remember to breathe too.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.