What was she thinking?

fireflymedic

I thought all garage doors, bay doors as well, were required to have sensors to keep them from this very thing. That's why we had either remote controls or a side door to come out of the bay.

http://m.courierpress.com/news/2009/oct/20/woman-crushed-garage-door-emt-station-called-911-t/

I thought all garage doors, bay doors as well, were required to have sensors to keep them from this very thing. That's why we had either remote controls or a side door to come out of the bay.

http://m.courierpress.com/news/2009/oct/20/woman-crushed-garage-door-emt-station-called-911-t/

No sensors if the garage door is 20 years old or so.

But I'm sure she was going for those prescription drugs or was she up to no good? The world will never know. Just like the number of licks to get to the center of a tootsie pop.

She may have simply crawled in under the door sensors. Our ambulance bay doors are located about 2 feet off the ground. So, if she was going in commando style she may have crawled in below the sensors. Sounds like a recepient of the darwin award.

I'm pretty sure at all of the stations I have been to back home, none of them had sensors on them. They were all pretty loud and had a red flashing light go off when it was closing but that was it. My parents house garage though has the sensors.

I agree, sounds like a darwin award winner!

Our sensors are 6 inches off the ground but there are also sensors inside the bottom of the door that cause it to open back up if the door comes down onto something that is not tripping the beam.

Example, ambulance is parked half out of the garage the bean is intact and the door can close, but will only come down far enough to hit the top of the ambulance and then open again.

Edited by Arctickat

So, if she was going in commando style she may have crawled in below the sensors.

What does going commando have to do with accessing a building? :whistle: Nevermind, I reread your context. :bonk: I agree though, She get's my nomination for this years Darwinism of the Year award.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.