US Park Police Hiring

A job is a job in this economy...if you had no job right now and weren't making ANY money right now then I bet that 46-50k would sound really nice... Why are people so judgemental?!?

Guess I should have been more clear. Why would anyone that already has a job with benefits go to work for so low pay? Nothing judgmental. If I had no job and I got offered minimum wage flipping burgers I would take it so my family would be able to at least by food. There is no shame in taking care of your family. I just could not imagine taking that pay cut and actually working more days than I do now and not even getting as good of benefits as my current service provides.

Guess I should have been more clear. Why would anyone that already has a job with benefits go to work for so low pay? Nothing judgmental. If I had no job and I got offered minimum wage flipping burgers I would take it so my family would be able to at least by food. There is no shame in taking care of your family. I just could not imagine taking that pay cut and actually working more days than I do now and not even getting as good of benefits as my current service provides.

I don't think anyone suggested that if you have a job quit it and do this. There are plenty of qualified unemployed people that I know of who would love this opportunity since they were either just laid off from their jobs or are just starting out in the job market.

I don't think anyone suggested that if you have a job quit it and do this. There are plenty of qualified unemployed people that I know of who would love this opportunity since they were either just laid off from their jobs or are just starting out in the job market.

No one suggested it was for the unemployed either. And again if out of work it is mejor que nada.

46-50, for someone who does not even have a BA/BS, in this economy is pretty good in some places. Keep in mind a few factors:

1. All equipment and uniforms are porvided: Shoes, Boots, Gun/s, Cuffs, Shirts, Coats,etc.

All you really buy is underwear and socks...

wHILE THE BASE IS 50k, YOU GET:

25% EXTRA FOR SUNDAY, 10% extra, for nights after 1800, there is some OT for special events, court, etc.

The job is very self initated, and there are not a lot of calls for service.

Not to mention that NYPD, and many other depts, start at 10-15 K lower than wat we pay.

A county near us Anne Arundel County, MD, starts at 41K.....

46-50, for someone who does not even have a BA/BS, in this economy is pretty good in some places. Keep in mind a few factors:

1. All equipment and uniforms are porvided: Shoes, Boots, Gun/s, Cuffs, Shirts, Coats,etc.

All you really buy is underwear and socks...

wHILE THE BASE IS 50k, YOU GET:

25% EXTRA FOR SUNDAY, 10% extra, for nights after 1800, there is some OT for special events, court, etc.

The job is very self initated, and there are not a lot of calls for service.

Not to mention that NYPD, and many other depts, start at 10-15 K lower than wat we pay.

A county near us Anne Arundel County, MD, starts at 41K.....

That's what I'm getting at. Someone with either prior law enforcement experience or 60 college credits in whatever can blow past many professions that require a Bachelors or a Masters regarding salary, low stress, retirement, incentives, job security, etc. I'd jump on it myself if I wasn't already hooked up. I imagine this position is highly competitive. Otherwise, they wouldn't care about the 60 credit requirement.

Do you have a download for the step increase schedule? How are the higher positions compensated? Well over 100k as a top out I'm sure. Better than a PA or an attorney.

It goes up incrementaly, I d not have the list to post, but every 2-3 years you get a step increase, and you get a C.O.L.A. of between 1-4 %.

When I started I was earning 30, but it went up quickly. I've been on for 13 years now, and with VERY minimal OT, I'm EASILY pulling in 110K.....

WE usually have about 48 positions a year, and we test about 10,000 people. So yes the spots are kind of competitive.

This year they want to try to hire about 100 officers or so, but that all changes with the budget, and last minute issues that always come up.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.