October is National Breast Cancer Awareness Month

itku2er

Just a reminder October is National Breast Cancer Awareness Month Please I urge you all both male and Female to get checked. This month's awareness is more real to me than the past ones, on October the first my cousin's wife had a Ratical Mastectomy. So please for all the people in your life that you care about get a screening mammogram and follow up every year, yeah they are uncomfortable but what is a little comfort sacrificed if it can save your life?

Both my grandmothers had breast cancer, and a few really dear friends have died of it. This month means a lot to me as well. I urge everyone to get checked and to check themselves regularly.

I found the picture and thought it would be appropriate (although it is the IAFF logo) Maybe someone can make one with a star of life??

Sorry, here's the picture

post-9937-12545313850815_thumb.jpg

Edited by scoobykate

Yeah I have quiet a few family members and friends alike that have died from this disease. But the most recent one is just a new reality check. In this life there are no guarentees on anything so we should live each day as if it were our last. Make sure to tell the people in your life you love them each day cause we never know when it may be the last time.