TRAUMA Premiere, 20 Sep 09

Dustdevil

Number 1 for this show fail is lack of sensitivity - recent crash and you are going to glorify it on TV. I'm sorry - pick another time to pilot your trash on tv, show a LITTLE respect to that crew which was probably more professional than you could ever dream of your actors EVER being. And don't even think of dedicating the show to them - I'm sure they would roll over hearing that. I watched the 4 min preview of the pilot episode on tv prior to my knowledge and went there is no way in hell I'm watching that. My husband asked me this morning - you want to watch it? My answer was - I never want to see that on in this house. I wasn't joking either. I thought it looked like garbage and I was ready to turn off the preview less than a minute into it, but I sucked it up and watched all four and felt more like an idiot for doing so. Yes Dust, this show is set to go into failure itself and let's pray they only have DNR orders for it.

I'm sorry, are you telling me that if I take that EMT course next semester I AM not guaranteed excitement, adventure, intense personal melodrama with every 24-hour shift, and Hollywood-beautiful coworkers? And also you're saying that paramedics should NOT do it in the back of the ambulance? Way to kill my dream, folks. Jeez, why did I think being an EMT sounded like such a good idea?

I may watch the show once, just to laugh.

I'm sorry, are you telling me that if I take that EMT course next semester I AM not guaranteed excitement, adventure, intense personal melodrama with every 24-hour shift, and Hollywood-beautiful coworkers? And also you're saying that paramedics should NOT do it in the back of the ambulance? Way to kill my dream, folks. Jeez, why did I think being an EMT sounded like such a good idea?

I may watch the show once, just to laugh.

Because that is what sells to the networks and what people love .... it's crap and I may watch the pilot but thats it, that preview makes me want to vomit blood.

People do not want to see what I did on my last shift; we sat around the station eating nachos and sleeping on the couch; thats hardly prime-time TV material right there!

These TV shows surely don't help keep the whackers and siren freaks out of the ranks thats for sure.

I've seen the preview and had already decided not to watch it. I don't know about anyone else but sex????in the back of an ambulance?? are you kidding me? Even with OSHA cleaned patient compartments...there is no way in HELL I would do that. And we wonder why we are still and probably always will be the red-headed step-children of Emergency Services. Why dont they show firefighters having sex in the hosebed....oh wait wait...that would be even more acceptable and just add to the hot macho firefighter image. :rolleyes2:

And please tell me why a pilot has access to Versed?? :doctor: He is to fly the chopper...which he's already proven he can't do very well if he's crashed 5 minutes into the show.

I have a pretty good feeling that if I watch this show, I will be spending it's entirety yelling and throwing food at the screen. I'm not even gonna bother.

And also you're saying that paramedics should NOT do it in the back of the ambulance? Way to kill my dream, folks.

I'm not going to tell you that you should not. I'm just saying don't bank on it happening as often as this show portrays.

Besides, with practice, you'll be able to do it in the front without much problem. ;)

Edited by Dustdevil

I'm not going to tell you that you should not. I'm just saying don't bank on it happening as often as this show portrays.

Besides, with practice, you'll be able to do it in the front without much problem. ;)

I echo what one of the above posters said - the back of an ambulance? Talk about a petri dish of nasty germs! Because, you know, I hear tell that inconsiderate patients might occasionally barf, bleed, pee, defecate, drool, etc. back there. I am relatively open-minded, but none of that gets me in the mood. Even after it's been scrubbed up.

Because that is what sells to the networks and what people love .... it's crap and I may watch the pilot but thats it, that preview makes me want to vomit blood.

People do not want to see what I did on my last shift; we sat around the station eating nachos and sleeping on the couch; thats hardly prime-time TV material right there!

These TV shows surely don't help keep the whackers and siren freaks out of the ranks thats for sure.

And when I was a newspaper reporter sitting around the office, waiting for something to happen, it was never like the TV shows either - my coworkers weren't smokin' hot - sorry, former coworkers, I did NOT just say that! - and we did not spend our days courageously exposing corruption. More like going to four hour zoning meetings and sifting through stacks of press releases to get story ideas.

And when I was a newspaper reporter sitting around the office, waiting for something to happen, it was never like the TV shows either - my coworkers weren't smokin' hot...

That's exactly why I moved from newspaper journalism to television. In television, my co-workers were smokin' hott! :D

They should write an episode around a call my partner and I ran last week. We went to pick a lady up off the floor and my partner, being the sweet and kind person she is, emptied and cleaned the lady's commode chair for her husband while I was doing an assessment. That's real life in EMS, picking people up off the floor and cleaning up poop.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.