US Senator Edward Kennedy, Has Died

Chief1C

He deserves the respect of being the senior United States Senator from Massachusetts!

Why would that be? For his position? Born into. Not deserved, or earned.

Idiots, for voting him him in, and back for so many terms. There are so many more people who should have respect and honor at their deaths that is now given to Ted. Makes me sick.

He was a coward and a liar. He and his family have many discrections that would have sent anyone else to prison, yet, they are protected by their connections.

First off, my condolences to the family. Having a member of your family die of this disease is terrible and sad but I always say "WE all die someday, some sooner than others, others not soon enough"

Why would that be? For his position? Born into. Not deserved, or earned.

Idiots, for voting him him in, and back for so many terms. There are so many more people who should have respect and honor at their deaths that is now given to Ted. Makes me sick.

He was a coward and a liar. He and his family have many discrections that would have sent anyone else to prison, yet, they are protected by their connections.

here is karma for ya

in 2004 when the dem's in the mass government thought Kerry might be the next president they changed the law that would allow the governor to appoint who he wanted to appoint and changed it so there needed to be a 145 day waiting period and then a special election to elect someone to the seat. At that time Mitt Romney was the governor and the dems knew that he would appoint a republican which would have ended democratic reign in Massachussetts for a long time. He would have appointed a republican to replace Kerry. Fast forward 4 or so years and we have ......

Well Kennedy spent the last several weeks of his life trying to get the current democratic led state leaders to change the law back so the democratic governor can appoint who he wants to appoint. The republicans are fighting this tooth and nail and say that the dems should have to live with their decision of 4 years ago. To change it now per people in the know "sparks of hypocrisy of the highest order"

Unfortunately the mass legislature and the governor are controlled by dems so I see this getting changed again. But for now, that decision to make the change has bitten them in the ass.

ROCK ON

I respect the position, I do NOT respect the man, and it has nothing to do with politics.

I too do not respect the man. I respect that he was a senator but that should not make him to be above all of us.

How many people who died on the same day are being remembered as he was. One of the only reason that he is being remembered like this is that he was a Senator. No one else who died on that day are being remembered in the media.

sure the man did some good things for Mass like bringing home the PORK PORK PORK but he also had some things that were not worthy of the respect that everyone is being given.

The main one is chappaquiddick, anyone who would go off and leave a woman or a man drowning in a car does not deserve respect. He left the scene and his cronies for both him and his family made it go away. Yes they did, do not deny it.

You or I would have been charged and imprisoned for what he did but since he was a member of Camelot (stupid name if you ask me) this Mary Jo incident was swept under the rug and he faced no consequences nor any political consequences for his actions of that fateful night.

I respect that he was a senator but that's the extent of the respect.

Edited by Ruffems

My condolences to the family as well.

Why is it that it was 'acceptable' to take shots at Michael Jackson when he died....there were also shots taken at the other 'big names' as well; but yet no one is supposed to take shots at a Kennedy?

"Speak not ill of the dead" may be a 'good idea', but c'mon now....let's be real here!