Body removal

Erick

...or a medical examiner.

The reason I was asking as a new grad EMT is that it's hard to get your "foot thru threshold" as far as getting a job at a ambulance company. I have sent my resume and application to 7 companies in the area, and I also tried as a ER tech at hospitals and nothing and I was looking at other options, that's why I asked the question.

Under rules, regs, and local laws, FDNY EMS doesn't remove DOAs...anymore.

However, they did so from the American Airlines Flight 587 crash, a half mile from my residence, back November 12, 2001. All 260 from the Airbus 300 aircraft, and 5 from the ground, were in body bags (and regrettably, some in more than one body bag) for transport to the temporary morgue.

I started in a volunteer ambulance corps back in 1973. The hiring offices of numerous private non-9-1-1 providers, as well as the municipal 9-1-1 EMS refused my experience, claiming as a vollie, I had none.

Another case of

Don't go in the water until you learn how to swim!

(Richard B, the EMT)

Edited by Richard B the EMT

Guess what In BC there are 2 places that still do body removal and Im in one of them.

We work with the RCMP and the coroner (by phone if the one on the island isn't available). Then when the coroner tells the RCMP its ok to move the body we zip them up and off to the morgue we go.

Well I guess Lillooet must be the other one then. I did several body removals while working in Lillooet. I haven't had to do any since lateralling to Merritt. Now I get to go in, confirm death, and leave the police to keep an eye on things until the coroner shows up. I have to say I much prefer leaving body transport for the coroner. Palliative patients left to die at home are usually pronounced at home by either the family doctor or public health nurse and the bodies removed by private funeral services.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.