Most common Summertime injury or Medical Complaint

Ok so I was reading an article on EMS1.com and was wondering what you guys have as a injury or as a medical complaint. I know I get dehydrated easily. I have a few bicycle wrecks under my belt. So how's about you folks.

Personally? Or what we see in patients? Personally.. I get more episodes of profound hypoglycemia when it's hot, prolly b/c it's diet controlled, and I eat less when it's real hot. In patients, respiratory illnesses.

Being in a military area and tourist area, we get a lot of mva's. The number and severity jump during the summer. Severity due to dui because everyone can go party. Number because it's our beaches that draw the tourists and, obviously, they don't draw many in the winter. We also get an increase in assaults. Probably from the partying and increased gang activity in certain areas.

As for me, I still don't get out much in the summer so I actually get injured/ill way less. ;)

I've been treating a lot of injuries secondary to "mindin' my own bidness" lately.

I can see your wife with the cast iron skillet whacking you in the head for not doing the honey do list again this year.. ;);)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.