Death and its impact on ems

Hey Guys,

Anyone out there know of any studies that have been done or info on the affects of death, pre-hospital, and its impact on the EMS service.

financials, PTSD, etc

What issues are related these deaths that crop up that you have experienced ie hectic family, beliefs that impede ems work (any experience).

Any help will be most grateful.

Thanks

SAFFAMED.....

Edited by saffamed

If I could understand your post, I could give you more help. Are you looking to see if there are studies related to the impact that watching a patient die has on providers? I think that's what you were asking... but it was so jumbled, I couldn't quite figure it out.

Wendy

CO EMT-B

Maybe if you search for studies on how EMS Personnel deal with the stress of the job; you'll get better results. I'm a delayed reaction guy myself, sights, sounds, pain, may not bother me at the scene, or after the call, or maybe never will. But some of them catch up with me. Perhaps you could check with, The International Critical Incident Stress Foundation?

http://www.icisf.org/

Hey Guys,

Anyone out there know of any studies that have been done or info on the affects of death, pre-hospital, and its impact on the EMS service.

financials, PTSD, etc

What issues are related these deaths that crop up that you have experienced ie hectic family, beliefs that impede ems work (any experience).

Any help will be most grateful.

Thanks

SAFFAMED.....

Need to be specific. There are studies related to stress, sleep deprivation, etc.

Sorry Guys....

Looking at :

EMS Ops member and control staff going off due to PTSD or exposure to death on the streets. What cost have been occured by the EMS it self, effects this loss of staff has on fellow ems members and the actual service long term and short term.

Are there any studies out there that has info as to the above.......

And anyones experience with bad situations from breaking the bad news etc

Thanks

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.