ello cleveland!

ablackwell

hello i am 25. just finnished emt-b taking nremt tomorrow! will start paramedic class aug 6. i have been married for 5 years. i have 3 dogs 2 cats and a fish. well if you would like to know anything else let me know.

O i worked as an ASCP Phlebotomist for five years and i currently work as a medical assistant for a gastroenterologist

Edited by ablackwell

Welcome to the CITY and the madhouse. May I ask why the career change? If you say for the money you automatically have 50 points deducted.... :lol::lol:

But Welcome and hope you enjoy the stay we have alot of good people here that can answer just about anything.

No not for the money. I only became a phlebotomist because i graduated high school and realized that i had no desire to go to college at that point. Now that i am a little older and been marries for a while i (with the help of my older brother who is the assistant fire chief and a paramedic) am ready to pursue the career i have always wanted. Also i was really tired of the same thing every day. Patient comes in, i draw their blood, they leave, whos next. That is horribly boring after five years. I love my current job with the GI doctor, but i never see a patient, just talk to them on the phone(usually about thier diarrhea or hemrrhoids since that is his specialty).

I have been around long enough to know the majority of the population today is stupid. I blame it on a poor gene pool. ;) So theres no helping people, unless you are handing out thier welfare checks. O sorry i got a little carried away. I am doing this for me first, then my husband and the kids we will have someday, if i ever get out of school.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.