now without a squad to call home

emtashelyb

I know its been a very very long time since I have posted. Long story short I ended up getting pulled into things I did not need to be pulled into. I was put on the spot, asked to lie, harassed, had to watch a very close friend of mine be berated and belittled but on a "strictly professional level". People were trying to pit this person against that person. There have been 15 active members that I know about myself included that have been run out of the rescue squad because of the drama. I know every squad/firehouse has its problems and drama but holy flying dinosaurs on a stick I thought I was back in middle school. I reported sexual harassment and because the guy who had done it was the rescue capt and all buddy buddy with the assistant chief he got off scott free. They called our EOC pretending to be me saying another officer had done it. To run him out too no doubt he was a productive member of the squad trying to help people and make the world better. My name is still being dropped all over this county saying I called this person and I did that. All I have ever wanted was to help people to be an emt and eventually a paramedic. Ive been in ems for 5 years now and never seen anything this bad. It is making me seriously reconsider even trying to work in this county. I know get over it I just really needed a place to vent this out and get it off my chest. I had to call an innocent man and apologize for him being accused of something he never did. Tomorrow will be better I just have enough crapola on my plate right now I would take a MCI over this anyday (not that I wish for it to happen)

I'd sue for creating a hostile working environment. I have before, not the fire dept... but a municipality. That's what happens when people in high places try to put a group against a person over inter corporate politics. But sometimes its best to just move on. However, sounds like you'd have an air tight defamation of character suit.

Edited by 4c6

I'd sue for creating a hostile working environment. I have before, not the fire dept... but a municipality. That's what happens when people in high places try to put a group against a person over inter corporate politics. But sometimes its best to just move on. However, sounds like you'd have an air tight defamation of character suit.

Ashley dont let this expirence jade about EMS there are good agencies out there you just have to go look till you find one. I am sure you will find your spot in EMS just like the rest of us have. Good luck to you and your crew. I think am more leaning toward the moving on part CMK. Pick your battles to win the war.

Its a volunteer house its not even worth it. I did however get more great news. My emt liscense has been suspsended. Ive been trying to get resprocity here in nc with my maryland emtb someone just happened to call miemss and say she is not living in maryland she is living in north carolina. Im affliated with a volunteer firehouse in md and am in full compliance with all of their sog's and bylaws. I would bet one of my lungs on who it was but you know what its not worth the drama and more of a sh*t storm it would cause. Im just tired of stil being pulled into that blackhole. Getting calls from members chewing my ass because they are under investigation everything when I didnt call anyone to report them. Words out around town they are the lowest of the low right nwo. Even the little old greeter lady at one of the hospitals was talking trash about them.

Ashley dont let this expirence jade about EMS there are good agencies out there you just have to go look till you find one. I am sure you will find your spot in EMS just like the rest of us have. Good luck to you and your crew. I think am more leaning toward the moving on part CMK. Pick your battles to win the war.

Thank you for your kind words. I know there are good places out there my name has just been so slandered I doubt at this moment any volunteer company would let me come on and any pai compny is going to think Im just another nut. I just have had alot of bad news and alot of crap go on recently it was really just like the icing on the cake to hear all of this. I just wish people would act their age and quit pulling me into crap when Im not even there to know what the hell is going on and nor do I care. Im thiking about just going back to baltimore if I stay in north carolina one more day Im going to need a room with padded walls

Sounds like you definitely have a hostile working environment suit, but it will help those who come after you more than you. I'd say move on- and let the chips fall where they may with the suit. This sounds like far more than simple drama at the workplace stuff- these are illegal actions.

Contact the EEOC yourself and see what they tell you.

As far as MIEMSS goes, I would contact your Maryland station and have your EMS chief or officer fill out the affiliation form found in the website and turn it in... it may help... but it is true if you are living in another state as a permanent residence then MIEMSS will suspend your license it happened to a friend of mine when he went to FL for a few years.

Good luck... PM me if you have any questions with MD stuff.

Sorry to say, but you are NOT in full compliance with MIEMSS if you fail to update your current address with their office within 30 days of moving. You are required to notify them of any change in residency, and if you failed to do so, you have no one to blame but yourself for your suspension.

EMTBs in Maryland are certified not licensed. So you did not have a license suspended, you had a certification suspended.

I'd worry less about a volunteer organization (after all they don't sign your paycheck) and more about righting your certification standing. Having any certifications or licenses suspended for any reason can greatly impact your chances of gainful employment in EMS, should that be one of your goals.

Well.. It can have some benefits, being a former member of a volunteer organization. I'd equate it to being similar to a fraternity. Good and Bad, but a center core that holds things together and gets the job done.