FL hospital deports patient...

akflightmedic

Okay you've made your point as you have in the other threads. You hate the homeless and illegals.

I do. I hate them so much I provide them with the exact same level of medical care that I do with millionaires, college kids, suburban housewives, construction workers, nursing home patients, and even bleeding hearts such as yourself. :rolleyes:

I hated the guy I found living in piles of his own waste so much I called three different agencies on my own time to alert them to his condition and that he needed help. That'll teach HIM.

Like I've said in "the other threads"- screw you and your sanctimonious assumptions.

Edited by CBEMT

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not saying let the illegals die, I'm saying stabilize them, then deport for their own country to care for. Any other country would most likely do so to an american citizen that could not cover costs in some form or another.

What costs? And what other Countries?

I do. I hate them so much I provide them with the exact same level of medical care that I do with millionaires, college kids, suburban housewives, construction workers, nursing home patients, and even bleeding hearts such as yourself. :rolleyes:

I hated the guy I found living in piles of his own waste so much I called three different agencies on my own time to alert them to his condition and that he needed help. That'll teach HIM.

Like I've said in "the other threads"- screw you and your sanctimonious assumptions.

Did I strike a nerve? Read some of your own posts. There is very little I have to assume after reading what you have written for over a year. Once I point out something you back peddle. You say one thing to impress the boys here but when questioned about it you go to pieces. Do you have any original thoughts of your own?

It seems to my simple mind that "they" (illegals) get more privileges and considerations in regards to the Constitution that doesn't even cover them. The Constitution, EMTALA, Medicare, Medicaid and the such should not/do not cover any who are not US citizens, that being said I believe that we should help those in need just not at the expense of everyone else. I have no problem with anyone seeking and obtaining whatever emergency care is needed (chest pain center, stroke center, leveled trauma), but I do have a problem with someone who does not contribute to society (specifically paying taxes) getting better care than my wife and kid.

The way I see it is this:

Firstly the patient (legal or not) was treated with respect and cared for.

Secondly a named legal guardian trying to milk your US legal the system.

The real Problem: The individuals that hire and employ these people and taking serious financial advantage are the guilty parties in vast majority of these cases, generate a market for cheap laborers and they will come.

It has very little to do with constitutional law, its a matter of how to enforce the laws in this case I would agree with the Florida Judge ... mixing state law and national law then throwing in human rights issues ... well as we have witnessed it polarizes people and can lead to hate issues further complicating.

In Canada its very easy (or was) to receive landed immigrant status and in a universal health care delivery system this has put our "sacred cow in Canada" on the ropes .. trying to treat the whole world dragging their ill family members from many other countries that show up on our doorsteps.

Can you blame them, but then again when does it stop when the entire system breaks.

cheers

Squint - man I wish it was easy to get immigrant status ! When I was looking at applying for citizenship when I was going to stay there due to a great job (still wish I had to a point but all well) they wanted proof I had a job already lined up, could support myself, etc...was a major pain. School eventually ended up calling me back so I came back to the USA, but I'm still quite fond of canada eh?

Squint - man I wish it was easy to get immigrant status ! When I was looking at applying for citizenship when I was going to stay there due to a great job (still wish I had to a point but all well) they wanted proof I had a job already lined up, could support myself, etc...was a major pain. School eventually ended up calling me back so I came back to the USA, but I'm still quite fond of canada eh?

Simple problem solving ... Marry a Canadian ;)

Ah but its not the "proven educated or skilled or Canadian speaking" that are granted landed immigrant status in a heartbeat, YOU just don't have the "religious persecution card" in your pocket coming from the US and White is not the flavour of the month either.

I know of GREAT Paramedics and RNs in Australia, the UK and New Zealand that have tried and have found the same situation that you have, because oh yea we have an abundance of trained health care providers ... sheesh.

It it the ones that fly in from "wherever" and claim religious persecution or claim they will be put to death (maybe because they are wanted for crimes in their own homeland? who the hell really knows B) ) Those are that are given priority (hell, just throw your passport in the aircraft crapper and our government will appoint you a free lawyer room and board to represent you against Canadian deportation legislation) no identity, no problem ... just tell them you are from the republic of ________ !

A side note: very odd but then those that are of Christian belief's (the vast majority) that built this country Canada btw must accept "carte blanch" others religious affiliations with out contesting (its just UN Canadian) meh, its high time the Canadian Government woke up and stop harboring possible terrorists in my humble red neck opinion, the Somali community, Iraq, Iranian, Lebanese +++++ bring the problems of their supposed "Homeland" to our doorstep and then protest to Provincial Governments of atrocities that are Continents away .... when does it end ?

Thanks so very much to past "fast track immigration laws"

I do respect all religions but I do not respect SOME countries cultural values and daring to take a stand on that issue will most likely cause me personal grief, intolerance or fed up getting others views forced down my throat.

You may have noticed in the news that Visa's are now required from Mexico and from Chech republic because once a vast majority get here (supposedly on holiday's) they stay in hiding and then apply for Canadian passport / landed immigrent status, well what a political human rights uproar that has generated.

I am a supporter of this "restriction" as Canada has become a haven for extremist groups and about DAMN time they tightened things up ... Mexico now asking for Visa's for Canadian Government "dignitaries on Trade missions now to Mexico" OK so dont mind the laughter in the background please and thank you, the Chech Republic has recalled their ambassador in protest .. I say perfect.

Maybe we should allow MS 13 to come on up from Honduras ... cause that "gang" is under represented "currently" in Canada.

cheers and sorry got on a tirade there. :rolleyes:

I think the USA has it right ... swear allegiance to the Flag ... but Canada is all screwed up about "multi culturalism" respect is one thing cowering to others views is a horse of a different colour.

Edited by tniuqs

Rightly or wrongly, one does not need to be a US Citizen to be allowed to reside in the US, work in the US, pay taxes, claim social security, buy property, vote in local elections, or work for the US armed forces, etc etc.

There are millions of Lawful Permanent Residents who, having satisfied the immigration requirements of the US, are allowed the full integration rights of either natural born, or naturalized US citizens. That is, with the notable exception of working in certain governmental positions, voting in presidential elections, partaking in jury duty, or holding a US passport. These "green card" holders remain citizens of their native country, and as per the USCIS, are under no pressure to take on US citizenship. That part is entirely voluntary, and usually based on individual circumstances.

The LPR obides by the same laws as those born in the US, and also by the laws of US immigration. Their status has to be reviewed and renewed every 10 years, but can be revoked at any time. Illegal Aliens do not have the myriad of documents held on file about their personal details, and every move they make, the way LPRs do, and the two should not be confused. You are either in the US by legal means, or you are not.

It should be noted that many other developed countries have very similar "permanent resident" criteria, to that of the US (see link) and that immigration, including the issues with illegal aliens, is not unique to the US.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Permanent_residency

Edited by scott33

hey squint,

only one problem I'm already married, but let me know when white is the flavor of the month ! But dang you for telling - I was going to tell them I was purple and claim color persecution ! Or why not blue since that seems to be the color of interest this month....