Starting an EJ

Sutures? Apparently your system is a lot more progressive than ours.Obviously that's the preferred method but we certainly don't have that capability.

It sure saves a lot of lines and "mandated" for any patients with art lines before any fixed wing transport.

I guess the old saying a stitch in time saves 9 ? seriously go talk to your medical director (right after some clown pulls one out) as timing is everything and make it part of EJ insertion protocol EJ is a great line, and one is already at the head doing airway and a very direct route to the heart and a wire threaded in ER and one can thread a triple lumin cordis ... just don't screw up.

cheers

It sure saves a lot of lines and "mandated" for any patients with art lines before any fixed wing transport.

I guess the old saying a stitch in time saves 9 ? seriously go talk to your medical director (right after some clown pulls one out) as timing is everything and make it part of EJ insertion protocol EJ is a great line, and one is already at the head doing airway and a very direct route to the heart and a wire threaded in ER and one can thread a triple lumin cordis ... just don't screw up.

cheers

Never happen here. We are so far behind the curve I would never see this in my lifetime. I remember how long it took us to get albuterol nebulizers, after seeing years of asthma patients nearly coding because all we had to use was aminophylline and epi.

Never happen here. We are so far behind the curve I would never see this in my lifetime. I remember how long it took us to get albuterol nebulizers, after seeing years of asthma patients nearly coding because all we had to use was aminophylline and epi.

Good grief the only thing aminophylline is used here for is with cardio stress testing in Persantine challenges as a reversal agent ... very rarely is it used as a Bronchodilator as it is such tight therapeutic margin ... and epi S/S is a big hammer for one that is already tachycardia and in extremus.

Is your Medical Director from the Jurassic period ? .. no offence intended.

cheers

Good grief the only thing aminophylline is used here for is with cardio stress testing in Persantine challenges as a reversal agent ... very rarely is it used as a Bronchodilator as it is such tight therapeutic margin ... and epi S/S is a big hammer for one that is already tachycardia and in extremus.

Is your Medical Director from the Jurassic period ? .. no offence intended.

cheers

LOL

The pucker factor was always huge with a bad asthma- especially with anyone who had a cardiac history.

I'm going back 15 years at least now, but I clearly recall the day we got albuterol- it was like a God-send. I don't recall ever actually using the aminophylline- side effects were almost as bad as status asthmaticus.

Like I always say- we have a long tradition here- unimpeded by progress.