PACU rotation

For whatever reason(I suspect a student messed up big time) Intermediate students are no longer allowed in the OR to get our intubations. We have to wait till 3rd or 4th semester now. Which means we generally either hope and pray we get one in our field clinicals or challenge the difficult airway stations(5 of them).

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Deliberately drowning an animal in fresh or salt water? To determine the effects of each?

Ventmedic, what jurisdiction are you in, again?

While I don't see myself joining People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals, it sounds like something the American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (ASPCA) might have an interest.

Deliberately drowning an animal in fresh or salt water? To determine the effects of each?

Ventmedic, what jurisdiction are you in, again?

While I don't see myself joining People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals, it sounds like something the American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (ASPCA) might have an interest.

Depends, animals are used for a multitude of research studies, techniques, and medical trials.

Take care,

chbare.

I have shed more tears for the animals in our research and training projects than I have even thought about shedding for the human patients in our trials.

BTW, the bunny rabbits didn't survive either.

I hear you there, VentMedic. At least the human animals have the ability to choose not to participate in trials, even if it's by proxy. I hate animal testing, yet the reality is we wouldn't have nearly the technology we have if it wasn't for the testing that's been done. It's kind of a catch 22 isn't it? However, things like cosmetics shouldn't be tested on animals. It just isn't necessary. Medicine is a whole different ballfield, but even then if it's not something that has the potential to save a life then it shouldn't be done. Women that want to shoot their faces full of chemicals can let those chemicals be tested on themselves.